The G.J.C - Look at the Girls b/w Awake in a Dream

wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
This 45 is amazing, "Look at the Girls" is amazing. I can't find any information on these guys, I can't post audio right now but I'll try to later. A friend told me they were a few of the members of The Critters.I've only recently been listening to a lot of music like this, The Assocciation, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Chris Lucey, The Tokens.Has anyone heard this look at the girls 45? What does everyone else think of music like this? Any reccomendations?

Comments

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    nup? not even pickwick? damn.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The closest I've come to hearing this is seeing it listed in a price guide!

Isn't their full name supposed to be the Giant Jellybean Copout?

I think the reason I'd remember all that is because it was on Poppy (I think?), this esoteric folk/blues/etc. label that we once devoted a thread to here on the Strut. I figured with a title like "Look At The Girl" it would be a lot more commercial than what the label usually put out. Going by your description, it sort of is.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I have no information, I didn't think it came out on Poppy? but I didn't know it stood for the Giant Jellybean Copout either. I don't own a copy of the 45, A friend in melbourne (http://www.myspace.com/transcendentalmusicband) ripped me an mp3. It's really well produced and arranged in comparison to The Critters who also recorded awake in a dream on their record which if I remember correctly came out on Project 3, which has some really nice songs in the same vocal harmony type thing but nothing compared to "Look at the Girls" . It has commercial appeal for sure, but it is still a great pop song that has been in my head for weeks now. Ever since I got a copy of "Camero" by the Cyrkle I've been seeking out a lot of these kind of bands that did work in advertising.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqf3dc

any idea of a

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The Critters who also recorded awake in a dream on their record which if I remember correctly came out on Project 3

They had another album on Kapp.