weird German talk show host freestyles on my beat

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    forgot to mention, that beat is NICE.

• thanks Ako.

• I hope you see some Deutschmarks out of this.
    actually euros, which are better than dollars !

• ah nice.

do we have a "turn red" graemlin ?

I maybe misunderstood your first entry -
    thought he had stolen your music and already released that clip.

If not i am seriously sorry for causing trouble!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

But go on with your American way of talking about the surface look of words
    when someone tries to pay attention to your situation -
    it??s nothing unusual and you seem to be millions!

• your understanding of americans and american music is obviously pretty shallow. I don't claim to understand germans or german gaming tv show hosts, so I won't make generalizations. I do know that him rapping is pure doo doo. It has nothing to do with US rap. It's so far from anything on US radio. It's not even close to many myspace rappers. It's some guy mocking rap and a group of people laughing at it. I have no problem with comedy raps or even drunken freestyles. The problem is that he happens to be doing it on top of one of my songs and it happens to be broadcast on a tv show. Now it's in a bunch of youtube videos, it's own website, and being downloaded as an mp3.

in the meantime I will write a letter to my hero G.W and insist that he listen to a little more Fresh Prince.

• ah nice.

do we have a "turn red" graemlin ?

I maybe misunderstood your first entry -

If not i am seriously sorry for causing trouble!

aww man, why did you edit this? it had so many good quotes in it, especially the part that if our "hero george bush" would only listen to the Fresh Prince we might not be in this situation.

yes. no misunderstanding.

let's just move on.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    for real. They could at least give me one of those flat screens.

Oh well my publishing company can talk to them. It just kind of makes me look like a dick if I say no, but if I wanted that dude to rap about someones mom I would have called him up. It's almost worse that they sit around and all laugh like it's so funny. I feel used and abused.

German Strutters, chime in please.

Done herewith. SUE that channel. I am glad that I don't get private tv stations broadcast at home. This sucks big time. It is people like these from the sort of "young hip tv hosts" that make me throw up in my mouth. Who gives them jobs? Well, who watches that? Given the clicks these videos got, there are a few and I don't want to meet them. I feel ashamed. THIS COUNTRY LACKS GOOD HUMOR!!!

Now as far I understand it, this will take off as a song in its own right. People on youtube are already asking "what beat this is". One guy posted this a few hours ago...

- rapidshare*com/files/84118617/colin.deinemudda.mp3

deine Mudda als mp3 top quali -

so there you have it. It's a f*ckin' SONG now. I suggest two roads to walk for you. Either hit this Arschgesicht with your jediphotoshop skills and and wait for tvkarma to handle this. Or hit this Arschgesicht with your jediphotoshopskills and sue the channel. Either way, this Colin will get his farewell...on top of this, I could translate what he is sayin, but I won't do this. It would be a too sad thing.

what I could hear from the beat (which is nice btw), there are no huge samples involved? So you would not get trouble when you sue them...hell, he is even talking about that his mumblings have some "earworm qualities" like it could become a hit. Damn. I'm with you on this one. Now please get Hawkeye in this thread, he might be able to add a few things to help a strutter out.

• Now as far I understand it, this will take off as a song in its own right. People on youtube are already asking "what beat this is". One guy posted this a few hours ago...

- rapidshare*com/files/84118617/colin.deinemudda.mp3

deine Mudda als mp3 top quali -

so there you have it. It's a f*ckin' SONG now.

this is the part that's making me mad. I think it's also the laughing and the insistance in all of the emails that "it's funny."

They sent me an email saying they made a music video for it and were planning on showing it. I told them to stop everything and pull it all. Unfortunately my publishing company always seems to be out of the office on Fridays, so I will have to wait until Monday to see what happens.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I say run with it. The money tv stations pay to license a song is often very small in comparisom with the royalty rates you should recieve.

Is that song on itunes? mabye you should throw it up?

wait...does it use any samples? Because if it does, your argument seems very ironic.

• I've found pages and pages of google results and everyone says "this is so funny" "Colin you are too cool." There is even a website with ringtones, wallpapers, videos for your ipod. I don't get it at all.

Never once did they decide to acknowledge my music, some places even list it as "lyrics: colin, music: unknown"

This song isn't on itunes. It's part of an ep. I've done two eps already and was going to release a third one and have a cd with all 3 of them on it. I don't really want to throw the song up just to ride this shit. Plus it takes like 2 months to get a song loaded up there for me.

Oh well, whatever happens happens. I'm just kind of pissed that this dude is riding this hard. He claims to have gotten hundreds of thousands of emails, asking for a follow up. I call bullshit on that, but the fact that people want ringtones and all that is tripping me out.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Now please get Hawkeye in this thread, he might be able to add a few things to help a strutter out.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    He claims to have gotten hundreds of thousands of emails, asking for a follow up.

This has many possibilities, and could be vindictive if you allowed yourself. I say make a follow up that fucks them up mailed in a brown paper bag.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I've found pages and pages of google results and everyone says "this is so funny" "Colin you are too cool." There is even a website with ringtones, wallpapers, videos for your ipod. I don't get it at all.

Never once did they decide to acknowledge my music, some places even list it as "lyrics: colin, music: unknown"

This song isn't on itunes. It's part of an ep. I've done two eps already and was going to release a third one and have a cd with all 3 of them on it. I don't really want to throw the song up just to ride this shit. Plus it takes like 2 months to get a song loaded up there for me.

Oh well, whatever happens happens. I'm just kind of pissed that this dude is riding this hard. He claims to have gotten hundreds of thousands of emails, asking for a follow up. I call bullshit on that, but the fact that people want ringtones and all that is tripping me out.

well then, you should demand 1 million dollars.....or euros.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    beat is NICE.

Cosine. What is the name of this 7", and where can I cop it?

• The song is called "ex-telest" and it's from my "Egg" EP. It's unfortunately out of print right now, but you might be able to track one down on the interwebs.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

But go on with your American way of talking about the surface look of words
    when someone tries to pay attention to your situation -
    it??s nothing unusual and you seem to be millions!

lol! x1000

• sue them!

btw, that Get Ready for the Young Folks mashup you did stays on repeat on my iPod. brilliant, brilliant stuff. are you putting that out on 45 as well?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    First, Controller, I've PMed you about this song before...and complimented you on it...it's dope. I've been a fan of your production... I remember it from a post from the video you edited it to:

Clearly if folks are digging the song, it's an added bit of exposure that you might be able to take advantage of...I'm not trying to sound like Fresh Prince guy...but I do think you might be able to swing this to your advantage.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    And while we're on the subject of making a positive out of a negative and getting you exposure...this is Frickin' dope--the song, the edit..the whole bit...is this in Golden Gate Park?

• And while we're on the subject of making a positive out of a negative and getting you exposure...this is Frickin' dope--the song, the edit..the whole bit...is this in Golden Gate Park?

yeah, that's golden gate park. You can see people roller skating there almost every sunday. It's great. My friend filmed all of that on one roll of 8mm. I took ehat he filmed and edited it to fit along with my song.

as far as the German dude, it's being worked out. I don't think anything will come of it, but I'm not tripping.

• sue them!

btw, that Get Ready for the Young Folks mashup you did stays on repeat on my iPod. brilliant, brilliant stuff. are you putting that out on 45 as well?

its already been done. But went outta print in like 5 seconds... its gonna be on a 12" too though called "Play the theif" pre-order at www.tokenrecluse.com

sorry for the business plug...

And dude... sue them... or tell them you want like 5 grand. They are really Frickin' you over. And they cant bust you on the samples I dont think cause you seemed to chop shit up pretty well. Fuck em.

• well, we'll see what happens. I'm not worried anymore.

This whole thing brings up the idea of sampling and being hypocritical, especially when you mention mash ups. But, I'll fight to my death and defend what I do versus some video game show host rapping (on a finished song) about moms and shitting any day.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

i hadnt seen this yet. holy shit...this is phenomenal...video, song...wow.

captures this vibe im always trying to perfectly. excellent work.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Funny ... that kid looks like a young Michael Cera (though he wasn't alive when this clip was filmed, of course).

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    And while we're on the subject of making a positive out of a negative and getting you exposure...this is Frickin' dope--the song, the edit..the whole bit...is this in Golden Gate Park?

Love the song. Video is so perfect. Where can I get a copy again?

• wow, thanks for all the love everyone. I appreciate it. it means a lot to hear that kind of stuff.

Herm, are you calling my video dookie?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    wow, thanks for all the love everyone. I appreciate it. it means a lot to hear that kind of stuff.

Herm, are you calling my video dookie?

Never that, son! Those videos (and, of course, your beats) are dope as fuck! I'm just saying that the poppin' dude looks like Duquan!

• I'm just saying that the poppin' dude looks like Duquan!

oh man, you're right. That's funny. Duquan pre-season 5 growth spirt.