getting a technics 1200 repaired in the bay area?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
anybody have a good suggestion of where to get a 1200 repaired in the bay area. My friend was trying to fix a loose rca and ended up messing it up. I think he tried to do some soldering and then made it worse. What's the name of the place in the east bay that people always recommend. Howards or something like that?Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What's the name of the place in the east bay that people always recommend. Howards or something like that?

You mean Leo's?

I've never had to have a turntable fixed (knock on wood), but supposedly this dude Shashi is a wiz at it. 415.553.4155

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    ha! replacing rca cables is a snap. he probably just needs to clean off the extra solder and start over and make sure the connections don't touch. i'm about to do mine for the 6th or 7th time - but then i've had the same 12's since 89.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What's the name of the place in the east bay that people always recommend. Howards or something like that?

You mean Leo's?

I've never had to have a turntable fixed (knock on wood), but supposedly this dude Shashi is a wiz at it. 415.553.4155

Leo's fixed my Rane mixer years ago. Good people.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    send it to me.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Is that san Bruno spot still around?

the name is slipping my mind at the moment. i used to hang out there whenever i was early to pick someone up from SFO.

ive heard they do good work.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ultra sounz in san bruno

or if you know jon/short he can fix it. i have to bring mine to him next week.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Thats the one.
    whaddup Jinx

• thanks everyone. I'll let him know to check these places out.