what headphones do you use to DJ

ArtichokeArtichoke 112 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
and thats the question.I just stepped on my Sony mdr-v700 and need to purchase a new pair.anyone f'd with these or any of the akg headphones akg k181dj

Comments

• Sennheiser HD-25

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Headphones mess up my hair so I don't use them.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Ultrasone HFI-550s. I swear by 'em. My only issue is that the cable isn't coiled, but the Proline 550s take care of that issue. Yes, pricey but so worth it. Save your ears and buy a pair.

• Sony mdr-v900 - higher power driver thus louder.

• thanks for all the quick replies. this is dope.

anyway apparently sennheiser hd25 are discontinued. what about the rest of the line. just too many options

to many f'ing headphones to chose from courtesy of sennheiser

• thanks for all the quick replies. this is dope.

anyway apparently sennheiser hd25 are discontinued. what about the rest of the line. just too many options
    ]

They now sell the HD25-II. It is the same exact design as far as sound, but I think they changed the headband a bit. They also give you a carrying case and a pair of felt earpads in addition to the fleather joints.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have used the following
    technics 1210's great headphones if you are on a big system, very bottom heavy and really only useful for djing
    sd 25 clearer sound but not as loud as the technics also very short cord which can be frustrating, obviously better for studio/listening
    Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, i have been using these for dj work lately due to the fact they are cheaper i dont mind that they get bashed around, and the sound is better for djing than the HD25

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I use and I like the Technics DJ headphones.