Theremin

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Hi all...Im looking for some theremin samples and im seeing if anyone on here has any to share...would be so sweet.it will help this project i am doing very much!mucho gracias!!

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    what do you mean by samples? you mean short clips of songs featuring the theremin? like the preview clip on amazon or something?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Throw this on your Netflix ... you could pull out tons of audio (and it's an incredible documentary).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    what do you mean by samples? you mean short clips of songs featuring the theremin? like the preview clip on amazon or something?

yeah basically. Im doing something for a charity and need these as soon as I can, but Snagglepuss brought up a good suggestion...I have a dvd called OM that has theremin samples...now its a matter of recording it.

Thanks for the idea...duh.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    For some tasteful theremin playing check out Lydia Kavina from the rock band Messer Chups.

- spidey

• seeing something like that makes you wonder how humanity doesn't crumble in upon itself. I wonder what percentage of the population consists of Chongs like this dude. That said, he's pretty awesome.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I swear I've smoked herb with that dude in San Diego!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

seeing something like that makes you wonder how humanity doesn't crumble in upon itself. I wonder what percentage of the population consists of Chongs like this dude. That said, he's pretty awesome.[/b]

BINGO!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    For some tasteful theremin playing check out Lydia Kavina from the rock band Messer Chups.

- spidey

wasn't this lady a main pupil for Clara Rockmore?

anyway, if you do an iTunes search for Clara Rockmore, I'm pretty sure they have her music up there, and that would be a pretty easy and cheap way to get the music right away. hope that helps.

• !!!

I didn't know Tony Wilds got down like that!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Throw this on your Netflix ... you could pull out tons of audio (and it's an incredible documentary).

it looks really boring, but it is really good...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I got a moog theremin for Christmas a while ago and dig it out every once in a while. Its pretty hard to get the hang of....especially playing to an actual song, but hook it up to some effects petals, have a and I always have a blast.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

- spidey

Wow. That sounds so much like a human voice at times i pretty much did a double take. Awesome.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    you can build one for $44 plus shipping.
    http://www.harrisoninstruments.com/101/101_description.html

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    If you like the Theremin, you need to check out Edan live.

Dude rides for Theremins HARD.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    If you have access to a sampler the theremin is one of the easiest instruments to make. Take a looped sine wave, give it a long attack and release envelope setting, fuck with the lfo and/or add reverb. Assign it to a keyboard as you would a piano except with monophonic glissando keys and you are done.

Ten minutes and you're playing the theremin.

• Throw this on your Netflix ... you could pull out tons of audio (and it's an incredible documentary).

yep

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

- spidey

amazing. sounds like tomita.