When did Wachovia become the ghetto corner store?

2»

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Whats hilarious is that everyone in the media still won't come to terms with the fact that we are in a recession and have been for the last 6 months. Its still on some, "well it looks like a recession is around the corner" GTFOWTBS.

2008 is gonna be a bad year.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Don't you have to save all of your ATM receipts and send them in to get reimbursed?

No. The overdraft reimbursement is only allowed once though. I haven't had an overdraft in years. People need to learn how to manage their money and not get mad when they spend more than is in their account. I think it's silly when they charge $30 when people are a buck short though.

Get a credit card if you can't manage the money in a bank account. That's how I do it.

• Get familiar!

I've been with BofA and Wells Fargo. Both screwed me over. WaMu has been the only bank to treat me right. Funds available immediately when I deposit a check through a teller, refunds on overdraft fees, no account fees. The downside is everyone uses them so lines are long if you have to see a teller. I just use their drop box inside. No lines, no ATMs.

Thirded on WAMU. Wife and I have a decent amount in savings. Checks now clear literally the day I deposit them. Like beverages, refreshing.

• Check this out to learn about even more fees ripping you off:

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Whats hilarious is that everyone in the media still won't come to terms with the fact that we are in a recession and have been for the last 6 months. Its still on some, "well it looks like a recession is around the corner" GTFOWTBS.

the U.S. has always been a bit weird with what exactly a recession is. Technically speaking, it's at least two quarters of negative GDP growth-- but in the U.S., the Nat'l Bureau of Economic Research uses a loose definition which allows them to declare one when they feel like it. (in this case, i suspect a declaration of recession when it's more politically convenient)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

the U.S. has always been a bit weird with what exactly a recession is. Technically speaking, it's at least two quarters of negative GDP growth-- but in the U.S., the Nat'l Bureau of Economic Research uses a loose definition which allows them to declare one when they feel like it. (in this case, i suspect a declaration of recession when it's more politically convenient)

So which party would a declaration of a 2008 recession help most politically??

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

It would complete The Cycle and James Carville would become supreme chancelor.

• Whats hilarious is that everyone in the media still won't come to terms with the fact that we are in a recession and have been for the last 6 months. Its still on some, "well it looks like a recession is around the corner" GTFOWTBS.

It would complete The Cycle and James Carville would become supreme chancelor.

WORLD DOMINATION, Y'ALLLLL...[/b]