GUN control

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
should we be allowed to keep weapons(guns) in our homes?peace, stein. . .

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    only if you promise not to kill people

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Only super soakers and spud guns.

Maybe the odd BB fired at the intruders calf muscle, muhahaa.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn... it just occured to me that some people on this board might actually have agun in their house. that just seems crazy to me.

Put your hand up if you actually have a gun in your house?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hunting rifles and shotguns definitely. handguns yes but it should be a LOT harder to get them. assault rifles, definitely no.

and handgun bullets should cost $5000

• BlowFlyBlowFly 89 Posts
    Guns - yes essential
    As are pick up trucks, flag waving and patriotism

I saw someone get hit with one of these once.

Everyone thought it was just a replica - until the dude pulled the trigger.

CHECK IT OUT.

SERIOUS AS F***, WITH ADDED BLING.

Oh, and theres a glock and a ruger on our coffee table right now. My roommates.

Living in FEAR!

• I own a Glock 19 and even went to the sheriff's department and got a carry permit. I never once have carried it and the only time it comes out of the lock box is at parties when I'm drunk or stoned and want to show it off to my friends.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    YES! Only certain types though, and after they have had a background check and 80 hours of safety training!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    YES! Only certain types though, and after they have had a background check and 80 hours of safety training!

yeah fo sho...I took lots of gun safety classes growing up. Hunters safety (even though I never went hunting) Rifle Safety, etc. and when i got my pistol I took it out shooting every chance I got to learn it better. I want to get a nicer one now. Looking at a titanium coated Walther P99.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    "free men have guns - slaves don't"

i saw a dude wearing a shirt like that at a philly/nj fleamarket. propably no big deal to most, but as an outsider i was kinda disturbed.

Well thats the sort of moronic jingoistic sloganeering you'd expect from any cretin to help them justify their highly offensive habit of carrying guns.

• "free men have guns - slaves don't"

i saw a dude wearing a shirt like that at a philly/nj fleamarket. propably no big deal to most, but as an outsider i was kinda disturbed.

Exactly. I can relate to a lot of aspects of American Culture, but as far as i see it, nothing positive can come out of being permitted to own a gun.

• SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
    Yes.

Co-Sizzle

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Exactly. I can relate to a lot of aspects of American Culture, but as far as i see it, nothing positive can come out of being permitted to own a gun.

nothing positive can come out of being permitted to own a gun.

target shooting is fun, fun is positive...your argument is destroyed. muahahahahaha.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    target shooting is fun, fun is positive...your argument is destroyed. muahahahahaha.

Couldn't the gun be left at the target shooting range?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm not really pro-gun by any means but IMHO too much effort goes towards the gun control fight when there are much bigger fish to fry. and I hate that how guns have been co-opted by the right, with the GOP being 2nd Amendment Rights cheerleaders.

Couldn't the gun be left at the target shooting range?

yeah but someone would probably steal it...duh

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I'm pro gun. All kinds. I would feel quite uncomfortable if the only gun owners were the government . How are we gonna start the revolution w/ no guns?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Not even being able to protect yourself? Like it or not, the old adage holds true... if you ban guns, only the criminals will have guns. I'm 100% for gun control and even think there should be MORE gun control (certain types of guns should NOT be available to the public) but outlawing guns goes to far. I would have preferred a society that never had guns in the first place but since the pandora's box has been opened you gotta deal with it.

Massive co-sign!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    the only time it comes out of the lock box is at parties when I'm drunk or stoned [/b]and want to show it off to my friends.

• the only time it comes out of the lock box is at parties when I'm drunk or stoned [/b]and want to show it off to my friends.

Come on! What better time to wave a pistol around than when your completely polluted????

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    How are we gonna start the revolution w/ no guns?

humans are fucking lazy.

no guns. ever.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    In VA, if you've never been convicted of a felony, you can get a conceiled weapons permit pretty easy. i never got mine, but on many occasions wish i had. The streets of Richmond used to be pretty ill and it was scary thinking you were the minority not carrying a weapon. Most of the illegal guns on the eastern seaboard originated in Virginia, and eventually were bought or traded for drugs.

I saw three seperate shootings out my front window within a month. I doubt any of them had legal arms.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    It's my second amendment right to own one.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i bought my 10yr old kid a .22 pellet rifle for x-mas last year, and while we use it to shoot cans and shit, i've never even held a real gun. i feel like if you pass the test you should be able to own them, but i wouldn't ever have one in my home. remember when alec baldwin shot lassie? it totally fucked his political career.

remember when alec baldwin shot lassie? it totally fucked his political career.

This thread is getting weirder by the minute....