is the BEATNUTS any good?

2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Great live show too. At the end of the show I went too they had like 10 girls dancing with them and shit. I think they did 2 encores. It was really awesome.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I think stone crazy has really aged well. people need to break that out more often.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    cosign on stone crazy!!!!

but i wanted to comment on a earlier reply too: the fact that the beatnuts are getting nothing but love here worries me a bit too (even though I love them). And the praise if mostly coming from newer members. Is this the beginning of a Soul Strut generation gap????

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

but i wanted to comment on a earlier reply too: the fact that the beatnuts are getting nothing but love here worries me a bit too (even though I love them). And the praise if mostly coming from newer members. Is this the beginning of a Soul Strut generation gap????

Yes.............never was a fan, but respect their output.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i mean, they arent the worst emcees in the world by any means, but compared to jayz, nas, biggie, etc. they aint really cuttin it.

I think its unfair to compare them to those cats. U cant really put Tim Duncan up against Michael Jordan. Just sayin. It doesnt improve their skills in my eyes, but they never fronted like they were super lyrical from the giddy-up.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Anybody got the remix mp3 of Hellraiser. Been wanting to hear that one for a good while. Heard the beat is the last couple seconds of the OG.

That 12 with "We Came Here" on the flip is

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    they got SCREWED by J-Lo, didn't get a penny off that...

Technically it was Tone and Poke who screwed the 'Nuts. They DEFINITELY should've known better...

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Please esplain.

And RE: someone elses post, The Nuts (especially JuJu) are better rappers then CL Smooth (who i cant fuckin stand) and Guru (who has moments on MOT, but overall is eh).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

"....oh shit, I love those muthafuckas!!!!"

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Anybody got the remix mp3 of Hellraiser. Been wanting to hear that one for a good while. Heard the beat is the last couple seconds of the OG.

Here ya go..

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JBF44LTWWPK61E0RV1C449EUN

• I like the Beatnuts aswell especially the EP and their first lp. Apart from those two records their best IMO is "originate" feat. Large Pro. Those drums...

Dress

• tied for first place with Organized Konfusion for "rappers who make their own beats" in my "books"

I bought doubles of the E.P. as soon as I started collecting vinyl it was one of the first things I went after, I still cut it up, bought doubles of the instrumentals for the E.P. when that came out years later, bought the lp and the instrumental album for that---------psycho beats was pretty dope when that came out in '97---------they hyped up Axe on Stone crazy---obviously I'm feeling all their first stuff most...stopped buying their albums after that, but kept buying their singles.

the Monty Alexander and Bill Doggett loops were so ill, straight loops. that album's sample sources and loops were one of the best ever----the Sons, Serge Gainesbourg----hard to find loops from Axe and Heath Bros...just sickness, I remember bumpin that album the entire summer of '94.

Fashion shoulda never left the Nuts or changed his name, but hey, that's matter of opinion I guess----leo morris/idris muhammed, muhammed ali, spirituality does that.

they were dope on the Track with Honda in '95---- out for the cash or 5 deadly venoms or whatever.

Buying out the Bar was slept on compared to the "off the books/watch out now" club hype.

And I wasn't really feelin' juju's track on the J-5 album.