Yes, yes, records in Russia!

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
break(in) news: russian record report. this is just in. someone please translate. fast forward to 3:30 for some top quality .gif material !!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Those are my people! And that's one of my record spots!!

peace.

• break(in) news: russian record report. this is just in. someone please translate. fast forward to 3:30 for some top quality .gif material !!

looking but goofy as shit at 6:30

man, they get no points for not having sheep in that video. they talked to damn near everyone else in the russian record game

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I caught 3 seconds of the Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog"......was worth it for that alone.....that one big store looked like a typical 70's U.S. used record shop.....RIP.

man, they get no points for not having sheep in that video. they talked to damn near everyone else in the russian record game

now i know what they meant by "you drink vodka, we do business"....

hmmmm

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Ha, whatup B***n? Thought about you when I saw this, plus bringing up those photos again with you, the almighty voda & the Russian record mafia, hilarious! Any chance you'll get out to hiphopkemp this year? And please, someone with the skills to do it, make a loop out of those moves this lady makes at 3:30

Ha, whatup B***n? Thought about you when I saw this, plus bringing up those photos again with you, the almighty voda & the Russian record mafia, hilarious! Any chance you'll get out to hiphopkemp this year? And please, someone with the skills to do it, make a loop out of those moves this lady makes at 3:30

those dudes in the video are the same mutherfuckers who tried to kidnap me or some shit. i recognize EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR FACES.

and that record shop, boy... it *HAD* some heat... hahah

I was meant to go to Russia tommorow, but I'm going in Feb instead! YIPPIE DOOO DAH!

• Those are my people! And that's one of my record spots!!

Was this el vodka swilling flea market you told me about? HAH

here's one of the guys from the videos

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    hold up...is there a bunch of house is Russia?

Haha that chick at 3:30 cracked me up! I just wish I knew what she was sayin...

• Russian Psych Mafia exposed!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    hold up...is there a bunch of house is Russia?

don't know , but I'd like to hit that ...
    Woww...I don't know if you guys saw the Zapp record in there....the simple thought of some russian dude listening to Zapp in that kind of cotext seems so surreal....

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    hilarious! I just got the whole thing translated by a colleague. Lolz for real. the Djane at 3:30 is the biggest and the best in the fanciest clubs, and these weird ass collectors actually tell that that the grammophone 78" sound is superior. Great find!

• hold up...is there a bunch of house is Russia?

she basically said that when she was a young girl her mother would hide records from her and tell her not to scratch them up. and that she djs in all the big clubs.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i love this store.
    i spent a whole day there digging.. found a lot of good shit for close to nothing.
    but when sheep showed me his russian scores (i didnt spend time on russian records as it is a loose/win thing and i didnt have the time) i was totally like ..

anyway, this store is dope. a shame now that more people know it, prices will go much higher. no more strata east rares for 3$...

• bazbaz 30 Posts
    haa! i know these both moscow spots from photos..
    'bout this video.. the main info for post-soviet people was:
    don't throw away that old records - potentially it can costs lot of money!