Invaders: Spaced Out OG Czech?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
An acquaintance of mine recently found a copy of the Invaders LP. He assumes it's the reish but since the two are so similar, he was wondering how he might discern the diff? The matrix number is "Duane 1101" but if I recall, the reissue had that as well so that may not be of much help. Danke.

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Mine says INVD-001-A, but was a reissue from before the most recent reissue.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    East Coast Cruise Ship Smell Test

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The Real???

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Haven't had one of these threads in awhile. I feel like it's a good omen.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

location anyone?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    oh
    what up rock
    damm dude
    its a new year
    pleaxxzze to change that old ass inbred distrurbing avatart of youse

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    oh
    what up rock
    damm dude
    its a new year

Happy '08......too many people can't stand my avatar......it scares and disgusts.......so I have to keep it....you, of all people, should understand.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Mine says INVD-001-A, but was a reissue from before the most recent reissue.

Actually, same with mine. Shit, I wonder if my man pulled an OG?

Anyone else offer a way to verify authenticity?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    The OG has two catalog numbers: L.P. 1102 on the front cover and spine and DUANE-LP-1101 on labels. The front cover is greyish black matte paper. There's a clear difference to the back cover, which is glossier and pasted on.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    With the one reissue that's so tough I think the only way to tell is something with the labels... like one had an indented circle and one doesn't, or one is more matte or something. There was a big debate last year when one sold for big money that was supposedly a reissue. I've got a copy of the one in question and it really, really does look like an old record.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    There's also two symbols engraved in the run-out grooves.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    oh
    what up rock
    damm dude
    its a new year

Happy '08......too many people can't stand my avatar......it scares and disgusts.......so I have to keep it....you, of all people, should understand.

that's a real person?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I love how this topic pops up at least once a year. Anyone know any other albums that are almost as hard to tell whether its og or re-issue as invaders?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the original cover also has silver-ish letters and the background is more grey. all the reissues i've seen have white writing on a black cover.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    while we are on this topic...

does anyone know what distinguishes on og "death mix" from the repress? /

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I love how this topic pops up at least once a year. Anyone know any other albums that are almost as hard to tell whether its og or re-issue as invaders?

I recall very nearly being fooled by a reissue of Fat Funky & Tough.

Anybody else seen reissues with paste-on covers adhered to other vintage records? I was quite close to picking up a sealed folk album the other week that I swore was original until I read the spine, which informed me that the cover had originally housed a classical record. Weird.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I recall very nearly being fooled by a reissue of Edwards Generation.

• I love how this topic pops up at least once a year. Anyone know any other albums that are almost as hard to tell whether its og or re-issue as invaders?

Anybody else seen reissues with paste-on covers adhered to other vintage records? I was quite close to picking up a sealed folk album the other week that I swore was original until I read the spine, which informed me that the cover had originally housed a classical record. Weird.

what about Lee Fields - Let's talk it over?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

what about Lee Fields - Let's talk it over?

that's super easy. the reissue has a scanned cover. with some scanned (white) spots. looks like a bootleg...