Raggedy 45 Labels Disappreciation

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
What kind of shoddy schitt is that?I say bring corporal punishment back to the workplace!

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Was probably pressed on a Friday or a Monday.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wow, ive never experienced such poor quality. i do have a couple Sussex records with two labels on top of each other. they must have had a problem at that plant or something.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Thats looks pretty good for a sound triangle 45. Just stay away from the Columbian pressing.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    On some of those Red Bird 45s (Shangr Las etc) the labels have just come totally unglued!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Thing I can't stand is those loose 45 labels that fall off with one brisk rub.

Absolutely a dumb idea to try to glue the label to the record instead of pressing it into the vinyl. I guess you can't press a label into Styrene though.

• I hate when the OG owner puts a name and address sticker smack dab on the middle of the label and since it's been there 30 years it's impossible to remove.

hah ha, yeah, sometimes on both sides too for the extra paranoid 45 owner.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    rey , i can fix that. send it to my workplace.

(pm on the way)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

(pm on the way)
    Time machine?

(pm on the way)
    Time machine?

i cannot divulge my methods with the public.

if the 45 sounds ok though....who cares if the label is a little on the 'eh' side of things... oh wait... collectro's care.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Thats looks pretty good for a sound triangle 45. Just stay away from the Columbian pressing.

Columbia University used to press up Sound Triangle 45's?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I hate when the OG owner puts a name and address sticker smack dab on the middle of the label and since it's been there 30 years it's impossible to remove.

I'll see your paranoid 45 ID stamp and raise you...

What's odd is that these stickers appear on many of the releases on Master. Wouldn't mind knowing the story behind it.

Columbia University used to press up Sound Triangle 45's?

Lol. Chicago has the record mafia, Boston has the divine order of grammar enforcers.

Spelling is not grammar.

But I will continue to police both vigorously

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I hate when the OG owner puts a name and address sticker smack dab on the middle of the label and since it's been there 30 years it's impossible to remove.

For some reason, this doesn't bother me if the sticker is from some promo guy ("THANKS - Paul Gallis") or from some long-gone record store - it's like history then. But when it's coming from some nobody...not really! I understand that people would take these records to house parties and naturally didn't want their wax being swiped, but...

Spelling is not grammar.

But I will continue to police both vigorously

Disgruntled schoolmarm moves

• I hate when the OG owner puts a name and address sticker smack dab on the middle of the label and since it's been there 30 years it's impossible to remove.

For some reason, this doesn't bother me if the sticker is from some promo guy ("THANKS - Paul Gallis") or from some long-gone record store - it's like history then. But when it's coming from some nobody...not really! I understand that people would take these records to house parties and naturally didn't want their wax being swiped, but...

my Archie Bell and the Drells "tighten Up" LP has an name/address sticker on it...Willie Mitchell! Yes that Willie Mitchell...came out of his collection, I even have his Blue Mitchell on Mainstream(no sticker on it but just 'Willie "Mr. Soul" Mitchell' written in ball point on the cover) LP

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    OPEN LETTER TO DUSTY GROOVE:
    I like your store a lot, really I do, and I'm always dropping a lot of cash when I'm there. But WHY do you insist on putting those hard-to-remove stickers on the labels of the cheap records? Wouldn't be so bad if the labels didn't tear when you vainly try to rip the stickers off...

• use a blowdryer to remove newer stickers, works everytime for me

by the way i use to have a muddy waters chess 78 with a sticker on the label from an old store in oakland, the sticker said something along the lines of tv/radio repair, records, and lingerie

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Lighter fluid usually does the trick on those old crusty stickers.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

What kind of shoddy schitt is that?

I say bring corporal punishment back to the workplace!

Sorriest attempt at a floss evar.

PS: Please trade it to me. Also send me your VG- Pot Full Of Soul cover. You can't file that shit so just mail it already. I will send you black label Tico Cha Cha Cha heat.

Rey doesn't own this record (ebay photo swipe related)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

There are few things that I can't abide in this life and people that talk to me like I'm stupid is one of them. You have a habit of doing this both on message boards and in real life in my experience, and that has pissed me off for some time. I had no intention of putting it out there like that but it's late and I'm really having a hard time not responding to you tonight for some reason. If it really was "all in good fun" it would show in your tone, and it does not, so you can get fucked as far as I'm concerned...

There are few things that I can't abide in this life and people that talk to me like I'm stupid is one of them. You have a habit of doing this both on message boards and in real life in my experience, and that has pissed me off for some time. I had no intention of putting it out there like that but it's late and I'm really having a hard time not responding to you tonight for some reason. If it really was "all in good fun" it would show in your tone, and it does not, so you can get fucked as far as I'm concerned...

Looks like somebody can't handle their Coors Light.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Looks like somebody can't handle their Coors Light.

CAN WE GET A CABERNET SAUVIGNON GRAEMLIN UP IN HERE?? SEEMS MORE STRUT!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I hope I don't regret that Jr Walker post in the morning!

That you do not already regret it is frightening.

That you do not already regret it is frightening.

what the hell are you two going on about?