A Son Unique

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I wonder why this hasn't been released yet? Wikipedia says that on the day that it was supposed to be released iTunes had it up... for just that day. So the only way to get it is soulseek, which I did. And its fantastic. If they got rid of the clipse and missy eliot it would be perfect. Well, Macy Gray's voice is fingernails on a chalkboard too, but oh well. And that joing "Stomp" would have been good if it weren't for those goddam high hats.Such a great record. Makes you really miss ODB. And the above complaints are really minor (except for stomp), I can listen to this shit from front to back.I just wanted to post about this, since I don't remember anybody else ever talking about it.

Comments

• I wonder if the title is a reference to his old rapper name ason. Well I assume it is, I haven't heard of this at all. What is the nature of this release? Was it compiled after death like the big picture or is it something he was working on when he died?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I wonder if the title is a reference to his old rapper name ason. Well I assume it is, I haven't heard of this at all. What is the nature of this release? Was it compiled after death like the big picture or is it something he was working on when he died?

He was working on it when he died. Rapping about getting out of jail, terms of parole, and bitches.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Damn... I guess nobody cares!

• I wonder if the title is a reference to his old rapper name ason.

Yeah, maybe it is just a coincidence.

• It was probably 2 years ago now, but I was at a CD shop and there was an advanced promo sampler CD. I liked what I heard, and would still like this to be released.

I remember seeing it in different advertisements when it was supposed to be released in August, I think back in '06. Since then, nothing as far as a release date.

I like the 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' duet, and the 'Build Me Up Buttercup' tune. ODB could make any cover tune interesting.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    What happened? Did it get lost in the Rocafella mess? I remember Def Jam sending out promo cd samplers and pressing up white labels for this a few years back...It's a shame. They need to honor this mans legacy and release his album.