Midtempo lounge selections

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I'm really feeling the following midtempo tracks. Rep your favorites.All files are at 128 unless otherwise specified. I give online shops where you can track down digital files. First Floor Brothers ??? Apples & Pears (320) vinyl only as far as I know. EastWest Connection - Love Music (Twisted Jazz Mix) (192) Can't find it at any online dealers. It was on an OM comp though.Anthony Molina ??? Come As You Are (Ben Dean) available on stompy & beatportMonodeluxe ??? Get It On available on beatport & stompy

Comments

• i really like alot of this stuff but too much of it these days falls into noodly shit that just winds up on lounge/dinner comps.

all that midtempo shit out of DC like...shit i forget their name...sucks!

i really dig sample based tracks like ayb force, cam and all those people used to do. not hip hop instrumentals but tracks that were made to be instrumentals for the clubs.

i really search this shit out and am always looking to find more.

i would always order it from groovedis. seems to be made less and less unfortunately.

• here's a few more

Nickodemus & Osiris - Free Souls Part 3 (Dublex Inc. Remix) available at turntable lab, beatport

Woolfy ??? Odyssey available at stompy, beaptort, turntable lab

Rephrase ??? Boulevard available on beatport

• i really like alot of this stuff but too much of it these days falls into noodly shit that just winds up on lounge/dinner comps.

Yeah, a lot of midtempo is real corny. It's like they're throwing a bunch of starter pack loops together in hope of making a good track. Funky Bassline + Boring breakbeat drums + grunts every 4 bars + Lame sax solo = the average midtempo track.
    What's even more annoying is comps like Brazilectro and others that incorporate latin or indian elements in an attempt to appeal to people who buy music in the "world" section at borders books. A few great tracks make it on those comps (DJ Day stand up), but for the most part they're pretty boring.