Paging Shig: food stands on Alvarado?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Shiggy,I was driving on Alvarado and noticed two or three outdoor food stands, just shy of Sunset. I had to get to a gig and couldn't stop to see the deal but what are they selling (if you happen to know)?

Comments

• are you talking about just north of the 101 freeway?

theres quite a few food stands and such along alvarado. ive had taco zone up on montana and alvarado and thats a pretty good taco truck as far as the go out here. my favorites are in the huntington park area.

i know dudes sell the cut up fruit thing up around alvarado and glendale. and there's usually a truck at the gas station on alv and sunset.

further down near the 101 is i believe a bbq stand. and ive also seen grilled elotes stand as well as the perennial bacon wrapped hot dog thing. im not 100% positive about the bbq thing but i know that along slauson folks roll out their barrel pit bbqs on the weekend and serve up bbq plates along the tracks which i might add is one of the more beautiful places to cop some street vendor foods cuz u can take a stroll along the tracks and see all the nice paintings. of course, not recommended as it isnt really the safest spot.

however, im in midcity today and i dont know whats happening out there right now.

did that help?

• odub I know exactly where you mean. there's one that always at the corner of Santa Ynez and N. Alvarado...it was hittin the one time I tried it.

• that's the one Morse Code's neighborhood I beleive...he maybe able to shed some light but I haven't seen him around here in a minute.

• odub I know exactly where you mean. there's one that always at the corner of Santa Ynez and N. Alvarado...it was hittin the one time I tried it.

yes, that is taco zone

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    are you talking about just north of the 101 freeway?

theres quite a few food stands and such along alvarado. ive had taco zone up on montana and alvarado and thats a pretty good taco truck as far as the go out here. my favorites are in the huntington park area.

i know dudes sell the cut up fruit thing up around alvarado and glendale. and there's usually a truck at the gas station on alv and sunset.

further down near the 101 is i believe a bbq stand. and ive also seen grilled elotes stand as well as the perennial bacon wrapped hot dog thing. im not 100% positive about the bbq thing but i know that along slauson folks roll out their barrel pit bbqs on the weekend and serve up bbq plates along the tracks which i might add is one of the more beautiful places to cop some street vendor foods cuz u can take a stroll along the tracks and see all the nice paintings. of course, not recommended as it isnt really the safest spot.

however, im in midcity today and i dont know whats happening out there right now.

did that help?

Yeah - that must be what it is - it was an outdoor food stand, with lights and small tables set up. Reminded me of street food stands in Asia but I'm not used to seeing them around L.A. (of course, maybe that's b/c I live on the Wesside).

Next time, I'll leave early and drop by and peep the sabor first.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    ive had taco zone up on montana and alvarado

one of my favorites in LA.

further down near the 101 is i believe a bbq stand

Smells amazing, looks amazing, but taste just allright.

• haha! thats why i mentioned the joints on slauson!

• that's the one Morse Code's neighborhood I beleive...he maybe able to shed some light but I haven't seen him around here in a minute.

echo park is about as gentrified as it gets out here. in fact, there was a sushi street vendor on sunset near echo park blvd. a few months ago. and this one time i was in the area after some all day rocker event thing and they had hipster tacos which is like a shitty taco except a skinny white girl with a fucked up haircut and a dude that looked like jesus were serving em up. oh yeah, and there were hella fixed gear bikes on the block that nite.

that said, one of my favorite named[/b] taco stands is right in the area on beaudry and 2nd. its called Kike's Tacos.[/b]