What the shit?

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    that's pretty stoopid.

stoopider:

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    What the shit?

The R shouldnt have signed up for this.

I thought eric B would have more foresight than to put his name on this product too.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    that's pretty stoopid.

stoopider:

Wow. Yeah man, shit is getting outta hand. I didn't believe that b-boy game could be real at first, but it's endorsed by Legs and all that. Currently only available in Europe, btw

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

DOPE!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What the shit?

So ill.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    On one hand, it looks great, and I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time.

On the other, I've played it on PSP for a bit as a friend of mine is endorsed by it. I didn't like the engine and clunky controls they chose to do the moves with, and overall the animation's are stiff, and bulky.

Also, the things they mo-capped are pretty ugly. Plus the physics are completly off, and it's way to easy to pull off shit that is just not capable in real life.

While, the Tony Hawk Aspect of this is dope, being able to computer do 20 airflares is boring and lacks the accomplishment you would get from actually being able to do 1.

I actually wish this game was more like Eddy Gordo from Tekken.

- spidey

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    EA needs to do a game like this. SKATE is so next level.

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    b-boy the game is hot fire they really made this shit work well. great music, great controls. only negative is europe only and reallllllly long loading times. A+++

• Fishin games arent bad. I been playin em since snes. Its for anglers.

B-boy the game tho? wow looks interesting. Like tony hawk of b-boyism

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    SKATE is so next level.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    i think this is bad for breakdancing.
    the graphics look like dance dance revolution.

it breaks my heart to see breaking on pop music videos. i think that its great that some dedicated bboys are getting over, but its just disenheartening to see it being sold.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Looks fun to me.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

it breaks my heart to see breaking on pop music videos. i think that its great that some dedicated bboys are getting over, but its just disenheartening to see it being sold.

are you kidding? how could ANY exposure possibly be bad for breakdancing?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

are you kidding? how could ANY exposure possibly be bad for breakdancing?

Bboying has sold out so many times that it is becoming a joke.

Not all exposure is good exposure.

- spidey

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

Not all exposure is good exposure.

- spidey

Breakin on Barney is not good exposure. exposure = association. bad association = bad exposure. I think of breakin as something that shouldnt be accessable to anyone with an xbox or mtv. thats just me though maybe.

go to an 8th grade dance and check out some of what the youth thinks "breakin" is today and maybe you will feel as i do.

note: i teach 8th grade special ed. i dont hang out at middle school dances regularly

• yeah the idea is pretty stupid

but then in some ways the idea of tony hawk the game is stupid. At no point does it really capture the essence of skating.

its called bboying not breakdancing

how can anyone claim that "bboying" sold out its like saying turntablism sold out cos some fake dj on a britney spears clip is acting out cuts??

sure theres been lots of crap examples of bboying in the media, I can also think of lots of crap examples of mcees, djs etc... do these people somehow reflect the real state of things.

you see bboys on pop clips but at least now your starting to see decent dudes instead of some wack dude... does this equate to selling out?? At what point is getting paid selling out. To me its only if you change what you do, i.e you go against your personal ethic or you do something you have said you would never do.

The kind of argument that success = selling out is pretty myopic. I mean lets say someone on this board sells 10 million copies of a single. Is that selling out? What if they liscence their song onto a video game? What if the record company liscences it to a commercial?

Maybe legs, kenny, frosty etc sold out when "uprock" came out... i dunno

but to me the generalised usage of "selling out" is a cheap way of saying i dont like it. The thing is either crap or not crap depending on your taste

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I WANT IT NOW!!!!

It doesnt look suburban though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    selling out... To me its only if you change what you do, i.e you go against your personal ethic or you do something you have said you would never do.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Anyone see this trailer for "Planet B-Boy"?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/planetbboy/trailer/