Neil Diamond

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Great. The man is great.I get down with this album while doing the housework: Brill building styles. Formidable 'do. Neil Diamond man, damn straight.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Brooklyn's version of Burt Bacharach.

I ride for his 60's stuff.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'll ride for Neil all day every day.

Noone rocks sequence like Mr. Diamond.

One of these days I'm going to finally assemble Neil's Diamonds, my Neil Diamond cover band.

• I ride for his 60's stuff.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

...because he started going downhill around 1970, but anything before then =

I saw him live back in 1996 and what I liked about it is that even though he's basically this middle-of-the-road pop singer, he carries himself like a rock & roller, working the crowd and acting like he's gonna blow your face out even when he's singing docile ballads like "Song Sung Blue."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I ride for Heartlights

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I ride for Heartlights

We played that in band way back when. We'd be in Mardi Gras parades playing this funky ass homegrown marching cadence, then we'd slip into the dry dorkness of Heartlight. Thank you, you most square band director.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    One of these days I'm going to finally assemble Neil's Diamonds, my Neil Diamond cover band.

I kinda dug the bit in Saving Silverman with 'Diamonds in the Rough'... 'Neil's Diamonds' is much better...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Neil Diamond and ABBA dominated the tape deck in my mom's car. I can still get with a few of his joints, like "Forever in Blue Jeans" and "Yesterday's Song" and a few others.