Masters At Work appreciation!

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Unfuckwitable.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Their re-edit of Manu Dibango's 'new bell' is always in my DJ bag.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MAW = classic

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i recently borrowed my sis' copy of "I Can't Get No Sleep" which brought me back.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    MAW are straight fuckin' badboy. I've had some of the best nights of my life dancing to those cats.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i have about 60 or 70 maw 12s that i kept from a house/disco collection
    i bought
    btw how come no one ever talks about the huge amount of funk 45s reished on kay dee?

• i have always bought all the kenny dope housier records and beat 12's he has put out, wouldnt part with em!

yeah kay dee and dope wax do a great job, was never really a fan of louies work though.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    One of my favorite MAW productions is Chris Cuevas' aptly titled Hip Hop from 1991.

• i have always bought all the kenny dope housier records and beat 12's he has put out, wouldnt part with em!

yeah kay dee and dope wax do a great job, was never really a fan of louies work though.

meanwhile...louies been killin it as of late.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    in case you missed it in the other forum:

• ^^^^^gonna be ridiculous.

These dudes are my inspiration. So much diversity in what they've done too - and longevity!
    From reggae, hip hop, house, afrobeat, brazilian, and back to the funky roots.

The one time I met Louie he proved to be a very mellow and good person. He def has some cheese in him though.

Just got this fire today:
    "Mi Gente" by Hector Lavoe (Louie Vega Remix)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    i recently borrowed my sis' copy of "I Can't Get No Sleep" which brought me back.

One of the guys djing at the NYE party I went to this year went on a nineties house nostalgia trip which brought back so so so many good memories - I think it probably peaked when he played this - I'd forgotten just how unbelievably good it is.