Does Phil Collins get a Soul Strut pass?

2»

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    maaaaaaaaaan, i hate phil collins. i really really hate him. and his music.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I Missed Again is my jam.

no reply at all is my shit too, except that's genesis

• I do not ride.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

drum break

• Unforgivable.

• RIDE HARD

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    its all about moroccan roll and the heroin flannel chic

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    music blandness aside I always thought Phil Collins was a complete dickhead (and racist) after his comments on the Grammys (or Billboard awards) back in 92-93 era. He came on to present an award right after Dre, Snoop and Nate Dogg got their award for 'G Thang'... and he said 'geez it just got very dark in here for a second..." or something stupid like that and looked at Dre and co with contempt...then went on to talk up how great r n b and soul music were etc.

Plus the dude divorced his wife thru fax...... total wanker!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    More importantly, PC carries the Tavis Smiley seal of approval. You heard it here first.

Tavis hearts Phil and JT. What no love for Michael McDonald?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    RIDE HARD

I ride for 1980-1983-era Phil... lots of child hood memories attached to Hello I Must Be Going and Face Value.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

When this video debuted Raj was busy __________________.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Were any of you people never children? Did you skip that era of the 80s where Phil had his dick in everyone's mouth for like a year at a time? "Throwing It All Away" might be one of the best road trip songs of all time.

Dude...
    Ssussudio
    Take Me Home
    Throwing It All Away

Those three alone are white man CLASSICS!

Abacab
    Paperlate
    No Reply (which by the way has EWF playing on it)
    That's All
    Paperlate
    Abacab
    In The Air
    Another Day In Paradise
    One More Night
    I Wish It Would Rain
    I Don't Care Anymore
    Something Happened on the Way to Heaven
    Hold On My Heart
    You're No Son of Mine
    Invisible Touch
    Jesus He Knows Me
    Follow You Follow Me
    I'll even ride for his corny ass version of You Can't Hurry Love - that's Rite Aid Rock right there.

dude.....TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT???!!?!?!??!?! That shit is soooooooo hard.

Ya'll need to get off that hate. Phil Collins is a G.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    check the argent records i know there's few drum breaks on them.
    i think phil played on em... as a session drummer will have to check it thou my bad

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    He is a decent musician but I cringe at his entire output apart from his cover of "You Can't Hurry Love".

A bloke here used to have an Audi that had belonged to him. But my dad's mate had a old Jag that used to belong to John Pertwee (3rd Doctor Who) =

• only time i've been mildly excited about dude's stuff is in THAT vice city pilot scene

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    More importantly, PC carries the Tavis Smiley seal of approval. You heard it here first.

actually i would wager Tavis is an even bigger Michael McDonald fan, as the time i saw him (MM) on the show, it was a nonstop lovefest from Tavis... he was even drooling over MM's new material...

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

actually i would wager Tavis is an even bigger Michael McDonald fan, as the time i saw him (MM) on the show, it was a nonstop lovefest from Tavis... he was even drooling over MM's new material...

Really?? Does Tavis have the 4' x 4' (yes, FEET) promo poster for If That's What It Takes? Oh he doesn't??? Funny, I do.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Man, I haven't heard that in a while. I loved this song when I was a kid! The whole "HA HA! HUH HUH! Oooaaauh???" part freaked me out. I want to rock doubles of the intro right now.

Even though I blame Phil & Hugh for the atrocity of the gated verb, I can't front. That early 80s Genesis and solo material was planted in my conscience from childhood and I will ride for select parts of the catalogue. Even some later stuff like "Tonight Tonight". But "Another Day In Paradise" and all that mess gets the gasface.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    this is not Phil Collins

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Phil Collins is a douche. South Park said so.