dj shadow the 4 track era

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
anybody have either of these. I would like to hear both volumes, but don't necessarily need a t-shirt at the moment. I guess it would be worth ordering anyways.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I have the first one, want to hear the second and might cop a shirt just to get it. The two mixes on the first are two of the best mixes I have ever heard from any era.

I wish these could be sold regularly, but I understand there are legal issues behind why that can't be so.

• I dont get the legal issues. In some interview he said he sold about 50,000 copies of Funky Skunk. They are also selling a dvd and cd of that Hollywood Bowl set and I doubt they licensed all of that. Who knows.

Someone played me the 4 track volume 1 cd and it's pretty cool. It's pretty awesome to think that that stuff was played on KMEL at some point.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I dont get the legal issues. In some interview he said he sold about 50,000 copies of Funky Skunk. They are also selling a dvd and cd of that Hollywood Bowl set and I doubt they licensed all of that. Who knows.

Someone played me the 4 track volume 1 cd and it's pretty cool. It's pretty awesome to think that that stuff was played on KMEL at some point.

I think the deal is that KMEL and therefore Clear Channel owns the rights to the material that they broadcast on-air. That or dude just wants to sell a lot of t-shirts.