Free The Robots - Jazzhole...

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
This Constant Deviants thing has lead from this to that to this - and now I'm sprung again on this Free The Robots track....need more shit like this though! Anyone to recommend some similar feeling joints? Jazzy type shit a la shit like this, Mr. Scruff's "Get A Move On"....etc?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure you'd be up on this - but for anyone who isn't

Bonobo - flutter

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

What's this Constant Deviants thing of which you speak?

Have you got this from the Jazz & Milk Breaks 12"? I prefer the Art of Leisure on the flip myself. If you haven't heard Quantic, he's good.

• FreeTtheRobots made a real dope track. They are kind of blowing up in the whole post dilla downtempo artsty farsty scene in L.A., get em dudes.

I also would recomend J'Rocc??s remix of Build An Ark??s ??Freedom Dance??. I know on paper a J'rocc remix of a Pharoah Sanders covers sounds bad, but it was one my favourite records in 05 and is very similar to Soho??s Hot Music, which you should be already up on if not......get off the internet and cop. Anyways I remember playing it on NYE, the freedom dance track, and just remember having a great time.

Supreme, this disco re'edit bootleg series, did a nice re'edit of Common??s I am Music. It??s on some big band jazz swagger heat, mega dope and was-has been a crate staple.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Supreme, this disco re'edit bootleg series, did a nice re'edit of Common??s I am Music. It??s on some big band jazz swagger heat, mega dope and was-has been a crate staple.

Is that the same Supreme series that did the edit of the Pat Metheny joint b/w the Rude Movements and Escape from NY edits? That's a pretty dope series....I need that.....got MP3s of any of the joints you speak of?

• Supreme, this disco re'edit bootleg series, did a nice re'edit of Common??s I am Music. It??s on some big band jazz swagger heat, mega dope and was-has been a crate staple.

Is that the same Supreme series that did the edit of the Pat Metheny joint b/w the Rude Movements and Escape from NY edits? That's a pretty dope series....I need that.....got MP3s of any of the joints you speak of?

yeah i??m pretty sure that??s it.

naw no mp3s. it??s a dope record, worth buying.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Check also the other releases on Jazz & Milk. They are all good. Especially Romanowski "Strudel Strut".

• Romanowski "Strudel Strut".

darko from spankrock plays this out a lot, really cool track.