Americ SIIK remix (dam..)

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Dam, this remix/mix sons all the other ones I've heard. I grabbed it off of O-dub's blog.. so neccesarry

Comments

• i dig the samples alot. very mellow and summery. a nice vibe, but i think it fails to capture the energy of the orig. track, and the drums are kinda weak-- need some swing or somethin..too rigid.

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    Wow. What the hell was that? The big, sweeping strings right before the chorus were OUT OF CONTROL (read: so not necessary). The guitar part is kind cool, though.

C+

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i like the idea to have a chilled beat to those vocals...

but it sounds like everything is out of tune, is that dude tonedef or is it just me? anyways, those chord progressions didnt fit the vocals.... and someone... plaese teach the dude how to program drums... oh and while were at it, dont forget to give him some new accapellas.

[/mad hattin]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this shit is d o p e

I've heard everything from a bossa remix to dancehall and i'm really feeling this

so hawt rite neyaow

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Some of you dudes ,I think, put a little too much thought into liking music. Yeah it's not the amazing thing ever, but dam homies just enjoy it.

P.S. the drum programing is fine, it does the job.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    enjoy it.

P.S. the drum programing is fine, it does the job.

plaese to work on strings, thx

picky? naah, I'd love to hear this with some more tweaks

why settle if this ish ain't finalized? saying, don't know if it is or not

okay, I just put it on again

The strings are fine, OK.

With the speakers on low the strings seem to end abruptly and that effect (intention) wasn't clear to me on my first listen. Maybe it got me tripping because it's 12:30 a.m. and I'm not looking forward to work in the morning. Maybe I'm just sick of that song (but Amerie is good in my book 24/7)

SAYING.

BRING IT ON SUMMERY BOSSA LAID BACK STRINGS AND REMIXES, FUK YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Diggin it. Nice and chilled vibe on that. Can't ever front on some jazzy guitars. I don't mind the occasional 'off' moments between the acapella and the instrumental. Hey, that's how it goes with the mashups. It's doing just fine in the playlist for now.

Truth about needing some fresh acapellas though???

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    Word up. The production on that Amerie remix track you're hearing is by the Nujabes from Japan. Someone out there just took the instrumental and put it over Amerie's acappela. The original instrumental is entitled "Aruarian Dance" and is off their Departures album, which is also the accompanying soundtrack to an anime called Samurai Champloo. Fat Jon from Five Deez also shares the soundtrack. Champloo is definitely worth checkin' out as a cartoon, too. Someone told me that the Nujabes are two 40-something year old Japanese producers, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone confirm or correct that?

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    i like the idea to have a chilled beat to those vocals...

but it sounds like everything is out of tune, is that dude tonedef or is it just me? anyways, those chord progressions didnt fit the vocals.... and someone... plaese teach the dude how to program drums... oh and while were at it, dont forget to give him some new accapellas.

[/mad hattin]

I'm 180 on this dude. the chord progressions make the song sound fresh and new and yes they work harmonically. both the instrumental and the vocals build together gorgeously. LOVE IT NOW!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Americ

dam

neccesarry

Dam

Ladies and gentleman: Young Phonics.

And the remix is cool. I dig the guitar (very Jazzy Jeff/Kev Brown). I prefer to drop that acapella over Gangstarr "Skillz", but that's just me.

Americ

dam

neccesarry

Dam

Ladies and gentleman: Young Phonics.

YUP! I was so juiced *pasue* that I said "fuck if Amerie ends with a'C'", and yes it reminded of some Kev Brown stuff as well (in a good way).

WESCOASIA:

I'm not sure of the Nujabees are 40, but I know they own a jazz/rare groove store in Japan. Actually the photo on the back of Kero's twelve was taken at their shop.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

WESCOASIA:

I'm not sure of the Nujabees are 40, but I know they own a jazz/rare groove store in Japan. Actually the photo on the back of Kero's[/b] twelve was taken at their shop.

You...um....you dropped something.

WESCOASIA:

I'm not sure of the Nujabees are 40, but I know they own a jazz/rare groove store in Japan. Actually the photo on the back of Kero's[/b] twelve was taken at their shop.

You...um....you dropped something.

My foot in your ass, NYAH! Man, I'm crazy sore from Saturday's game *PASUE*. Down to play more often *aaayyyyy yooodle*.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The Fatties ended up winning dude! Best 2 outta 3. They crushed us in game 2, then in game 3 we played better defense but it was a little too little too late.

They crushed us in game 2,

dam homie, I didn't know it was going to be that type of game. I guess you dudes where waiting until I left.