Attention Lurkers: New Year's Amnesty Offer

2»

Comments

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    Hello all,

Up until this point I've only contributed to the strut by way of fulfilling mp3 requests and other meaningless comments, so I guess it's time for the proper introduction...

22 year old student at Temple finishing up my senior year of undergrad this semester. Got into DJing as a teenager and, like most people, I developed an unhealthy obsession with records/music. I started to take digging seriously about 6 years ago... mostly into funk, soul, jazz, rock, anything good really. About a year ago I started a blog called Alma-Matters. The blog got some heavy traffic and contributions but after awhile labels complained about some of the material that was posted so I decided to close it down (my apologies, just wanted to share great music). Rest assured, I actually do own records and can credit the strut with most of my knowledge about them. Hopefully, I'll stop lurking and actually contribute something here... Happy 08!

Other lurkers stand up.. this thread is a bust!!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    This might be my only post ever. I am from Washington DC and I frequently read this forum. Nice to meet you all. Happy New Year.

DC stand up! Have we met before? Do you DJ?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    My main SoulStrut resolution is to gain 1,000 posts while remaining somewhat anonymous.

Back to lurkin'.

It's definitely not that hard.

I only know local Detroit Strutters and like C**** B***r and rerog. I lurk like crazy... and when I do post, I tend to get

This thread will probably die after my post.

ROFL @ my

• Ok, here goes, taking the plunge, etc.

Been registered for a while, but I don't post because I don't really have anything to contribute that can't be said more succinctly and with more knowledge than someone else.

hi 2 u all.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ok, here goes, taking the plunge, etc.

Been registered for a while, but I don't post because I don't really have anything to contribute that can't be said more succinctly and with more knowledge than someone else.

hi 2 u all.

Dude, the fact that you correctly used the word "succinctly" is reason enough to keep posting.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Ok, here goes, taking the plunge, etc.

hi 2 u all.

We're already over our quota of Nugget fans.

Just kidding....welcome aboard and post more big, correctly spelled words in the future!!!

• Ok, here goes, taking the plunge, etc.

hi 2 u all.

We're already over our quota of Nugget fans.

Just kidding....welcome aboard and post more big, correctly spelled words in the future!!!

Nah, not so much a Nuggets fan as a follower of Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo and the proto-Coogi Nuggets unis.

Anyway, hope to contribute something that's borderline interesting!

• Hey what's up to all. I just got "approved" so I guess I'll introduce myself (?)...

I've known about this site for a long time, but never bothered to take a gander at it because of my thoughts on the whole new age of ???online digging??? and gimmie-gimmie attitude I???ve seen with a whole new generation of kids (mind you I???m still young). But I???ve figured who cares about the rest, because I know I'm still waking up early on the weekends to go dig. That, and this turned out to be the only forum (1 of 3 forums I visit, the rest are non-music related) that isn't blocked here at work for some type of content or another.

Other than that, I'm from Washington DC. I use to DJ in the "Open Faders" at 14th St Caf?? back in '99-'01 so if you ever went to one of those, you either met me, or saw me scratching. Brought up on digging around the same time by a local friend of mine Lokee, whom with I've lost touch with over the years (where you at fool!). Ran through the RFK circuit up until the end of 2003. So you can probably guess I'm a fan of samples & breaks. Which is my "love" you could say. That and just plain good music all around (dad played alto sax, was a big Turrentine/Klemmer/ brass fan). I moved out of the area completely in the first couple weeks of 2004 and haven't lived back in DC since, though I will be back for good in another year or so. I frequently come back here & there.

I know I've met some of you on here. Also if you know Cory, you probably know me, or have met me. Whenever I come home I try and go to Saint Ex on Wednesdays. Didn't make it this past time when I was back for the holidays, but let me know if that night is still goin on. I know I met the both of you who do that while I was with my friend. I take my girl and it's def a smooth time to play catch up with her and hear some good music in the basement rather than the crowd that bar attracts on the weekend.

Word, enough about me...

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    So, here Iam, finally X-Lurker, since I logged in back in 06 i think and immediatly forgot Password and shit...
    It??s Katmando from Munich, and I??d like to say Hi to (in no Particular Order):
    Bevan, Amir, Scope, Sticky, Paul Nice, Roskow, Kon, Hawkeye, Defcon, Olski and all the Heads out there,
    some of you might know the Funkvergnuegen Mixes I did with Marc Hype, there is still one more to come, but we hav to finish it proper...
    In the meantime I got a beautiful Daughter, play occasionally in Clubs with Florian Keller, Jan Weissenfeld and the Rest of the Funk Gang.
    Im looking forward to contribute, especially the Food Strut...

Excelsior, Strutters!

• hey all,

this amnesty offer is probably long expired but this is thread that made me decide to sign up so i figured it'd be a good first stop. i wasn't a lurker for long though...only like two visits.

anyway, i haven't got the deepest crates but i buy about as many records as i can afford (and then some) and i love the ones i got so whatevs. hoping to learn lots in oh-eight and who knows, maybe i can contribute something as well.

rob

• There are 128 of you fuckers hanging round,
    and only 104 of you are frequant poasters to lazy to log in or can only post once every 8 hours .

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Welcome aboard gentlemen. Let the beatings begin.