Caught Up(Millie Jackson)
    Diamond In The Rough(Syl Johnson)

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

here some good stuff.........

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

here some good stuff.........

Crap, totally forgot about that one.

Yes.

With my original post, a lot of those were the first albums I remember or getting into, the start of the insanity if you will.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

How is this? I've never seen it "in the field," but almost every Groove Holmes LP I've bought (except for "Come Together" with Ernie Watts, which had some phunky moves) has been either decent trad jazz or straight roller rink material...

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

How is this? I've never seen it "in the field," but almost every Groove Holmes LP I've bought (except for "Come Together" with Ernie Watts, which had some phunky moves) has been either decent trad jazz or straight roller rink material...

it's good,if you like Holmes on "commercial" set up (means usual Stevie covers etc......) really nothing outstanding though, except one very good vocal track

I never listened to his six million dollar man LP...what abt it ?.....I know it was arranged by OLiver Nelson.....you know it ?

oh I would someone put the theme on the coming cd swap.......

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

As Eddie Murphy once said,"F-full...fulfig...fufiddy...you know, the good one!" Can't believe I forgot that one, 'specially since Stevie was in the middle of his classic period...you know how they say that most artists have a three-album creative peak where everything they touch turns to gold? Well, Stevie had six classic elpees in a row there in the seventies, and "the GOOD one!" was right smack in the middle of the run.