SCRATCH STRUT

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
So I'm finally getting around to practicing my cuts again. I really didn't give a shit about scratching for a minute but I'm starting to get back into it. Here's a clip from this morning. Nothing major, just trying to practice and get back in shape.I know some of you fools are still fuckin' it up so post your cuts or you're soft *In other news* I just heard DJ Flare was shot in the stomach? Anyone know what that's all about?

Comments

• Sounding good. I'll post something later on.

• So I'm finally getting around to practicing my cuts again. I really didn't give a shit about scratching for a minute but I'm starting to get back into it.
    Here's a clip from this morning. Nothing major, just trying to practice and get back in shape.

I know there's some of you fools are still fuckin' it up so post your cuts or you're soft

*In other news*
    I just heard DJ Flare was shot in the stomach? Anyone know what that's all about?

i think i heard a mix of fast chirps with different hand movements and then a bunch of stabs in the middle. it sounded very clean. i would have liked to hear a little bit longer so you could get more in a rhythm. but solid man, especially if you haven't been scratching for a while.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I wanna get back into cutting... nice cuts Day!

as soon as i get home, im back on it!

• cascas 1,484 Posts

dayum man!

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    So I'm finally getting around to practicing my cuts again. I really didn't give a shit about scratching for a minute but I'm starting to get back into it.
    Here's a clip from this morning. Nothing major, just trying to practice and get back in shape.

I know some of you fools are still fuckin' it up so post your cuts or you're soft

*In other news*
    I just heard DJ Flare was shot in the stomach? Anyone know what that's all about?

I just got done with a little session myself. Your cuts sound real clean and tight, good to hear. I'll try and post a clip later. Hope that flare thing is a rumor.

• sounding real good! i never taught myself how to cut and scratch, i have some top players from my area that have mentioned showing me before but i never got too into it. i do like it when i hear a djs set and they incorporate small amounts of scratching into it. i think it sounds sweet.

also, i dont think you need any practice.

• day!!! what up maynard!! glad to hear some cuts from you!! you always had the super-duper hand control..

here's a little practice cut i did:

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Plaese to post notation for these scratches. Seriously, they sound pretty on point to me.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Plaese to post notation for these scratches. Seriously, they sound pretty on point to me.

LOL yeah document them like Rob Swift does...

• The suspect managed to get inside the building somehow, where he shot Sean Moran, 35, of San Mateo,[/b] Moran's mother, Marilyn Metcalfe, of San Mateo said. Moran suffered a gunshot to his torso and was taken to Stanford Medical Center, and he is expected to survive, she said.

"I think he would have shot (Moran) more than once if the police had not stopped him," Metcalfe said. "It was a horrible thing, I've never been around violence."

Moran was at the center for an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting[/b], she said.
    Police said they captured the second alleged robber at about 11:09 a.m. when a sergeant spotted him ducking into a yard in the 800 block of North Bayshore Road. That suspect is a juvenile male, and police would not release his age and name.

So much for the anonymous part.

Is this really Flare? If so, fuuuuuck. I hope he recovers soon.

• Is this really Flare?

Damn, it is.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    vid from a few weeks ago, i just started cutting again recently it starts a little average and gets a little less average as it goes