we got a Super Nintendo

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm so happy. Actually I'm pissed because I bought 2 copies of NHL '94 and neither worked, so until I find a playable cartridge I'm stuck playing the inferior '93 version, but I can still kick everyone's ass even without one-timers.

Comments

• congratulations! now strutters won't laugh at me for my dreamcast.

super nintendos are great. i still want one, but haven't gotten around to it. i use to rule at street fighter 2 and then video games got all crazy and time consuming. grumble grumble

• super nintendo had some awesome games... i have some great memories of sitting around the SNES with a bunch of friends... the first mario kart came out on this system [and still going strong now], starfox, super metroid, street fighter 2, nba jam, etc etc... good times!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    its all about neo geo for me when it comes to 2d games

• '93 is better than '94. Blood and fighting. Although '94 is fun with the Mario Lemieux to Jaromir Jagr one-time combo. Scores everytime.

I have to find these games for the SNES I'm borrowing. Played Super Tennis last night. I always pick Hiro. I've never lost in that game. The Donkey Kong games are also fun.

The Genesis had Bill Walsh College Football, which is one of my favorite football games ever. FIFA games were good, too.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts

Super Mega

I think I had literally every rom for my emulator.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Neo Geo games cartridges were like $200.00 each!

• I have one I will sell..along with ataris(2600) and the 5200...HOLLER!!!!

• I remember I liked Nhl 96 best cause you could check people over the boards which I believe was a first...maybe not. Also there was a sweet spot if you went in beside the net on a diagonal, you could score as many goals as you wanted to. This may have been a glitch.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

For Christmas my mother-in-law gave me some South Park pajamas that have the boys and a red eyed, stoned Towlie playing an Okama Game Sphere

• you can play nes, snes, genesis, neo geo, turbographix, and n64 on the WII. I figured this out yesterday. good times.

• This is the only gamin'system I own...Mario Kart shreds!!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I installed the NES emulator on my hacked XBOX just so that I could play Mario Kart. My friends and I used to stay up all night playing that shit.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    NHL '94

However, I can beat anyone in the world at that game, I'm pretty damn sure.

I brought it back to the family gathering so me and my 36-yr old bro could play some 94' prior to the dinner. It was awesome. Lots of yelling.

93 sucks. so do most of them, other than 94. and you CAN knock people into the benches in 94.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

Neo Geo games cartridges were like $200.00 each!
    they still are and cost even more..im talkin bout 3 grands for RAER games and shit.. i think metal slug 3 is like 1k or something..

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've almost mastered this......

• I've almost mastered this......

Is that the new Halo? Looks complicated.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I've almost mastered this......

Is that the new Halo? Looks complicated.

That shit looks insane when you put those 2 pictures side by side. I wonder what it's gonna be like in another 20 years.

• I'll never get rid of that thing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    congratulations! now strutters won't laugh at me for my dreamcast.

I had more fun with this system than any other I've owned or played with. Those controllers were next level. Many great days in college playing NBA 2K, Virtua Fighter, and Crazy Taxi with the hommies. And once I figured out how to burn the games as ISOs, there was no end.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    super nintendo is the best system ever made. check my avatar for proof.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Super Metriod is an absolute must!.
    street fighter 2 championship edition
    nba jam TE
    and pretty much most titles you cant go wrong with as long as its not disney games, jeprody, racing games except mario kart, and sports games except the known greats.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I guess you didn't get one of the acid-free archival ones huh (two tone related)? Super Mario Kart, and Bond took up a whole lot of my time. I also spent a lot fo time trying to do things that looked like skateboarding on waverace. Have fun with that thing.

• congratulations! now strutters won't laugh at me for my dreamcast.

I had more fun with this system than any other I've owned or played with. Those controllers were next level. Many great days in college playing NBA 2K, Virtua Fighter, and Crazy Taxi with the hommies. And once I figured out how to burn the games as ISOs, there was no end.

tell me about it. when i started a thread asking how to burn these ISOs i've burned about 20-30 games since then.

i heart soul calibur and i seriously got addicted to shenmue. i don't think i've ever wasted that many hours for a video game ever, even when i was a kid.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sega Genesis>Super Nintendo

• HamHam 872 Posts

so you're one of THOSE people.....

pretty much most titles you cant go wrong with as long as its not disney games, jeprody, racing games except mario kart, and sports games except the known greats.

i havent played many of the SNES disney games, but Capcom (the megaman people) made all the NES disney games and they were great!!

congratulations! now strutters won't laugh at me for my dreamcast.

i dont know if its a nationwide chain or not, but the used game stores around here (Gamers) sells dreamcasts with AC cable, RCA cables and 1 controller for $25. thats cheaper than they sell any other system for. pretty awesome, when i found out about it i went and bought one immediately, along with 3 other controllers which i found at goodwill for $1.38 each. great system that died WAY too young (although people are still developing games for it)

• spcspc 534 Posts

Super Mega

I think I had literally every rom for my emulator.

Is using an emulator + roms == mp3 + microwave ?

Is using an emulator + roms == mp3 + microwave ?

Yes, except that ROM = exact copy, where mp3's are compressed versions of the original.