PUEDO VIVIR_

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Im loving my REAL vactaion right now in El Salvador. I??ve done nothing but sleep, go out, eat, eat, sleep, go out, talk trash to my cousins, and eat.but damn, the music here is terrible. Lemme re phrase that CURRENT music is not whatspoppington. Basically it??s either Menudo soft hand shit, Tiesto ass trance dudes )Theres a ministry of sound club here) or faux reggae shit like Sean Kingston, or REGGAETON which I cant stand. I went to a club last friday and dudes where spinning videos and dude literally played 7 daddy yankees cuts backtobacktobacktobacktoback. Now I wasn??t expecting muh Frickin' some Rich Medina meets choice Club Rocking but dang )man) CAN I LIVE. I did start feeling it when I few shots of Tequilla and Pilsner which made squel in joy when dude played the video to ??Ying Yangs Get Low. I may have been the only motherfucker in that club yelling TO TEH WINDOWS TO TEH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLS.....SKEET SKEET MUH FUCKAI??mmma take a shower and go look at busted girls at the mall...or not and holler at cracking a coconut and sitting in a hamock cause thats me right now.it??s 87 degrees right nowseriously NO NO RECORDS IN SAN SALVADOR. But I will go diggin in some cd??s and tapes though. por favor belebit

Comments

• Hope you're having fun down there .

I drank some el slvadorian lager on xmas eve in your honor, twas a bit lite for the weather round these parts.

ps- I found out that Easter is a girl. You might be coming home to a litter of hairy man-parrots. AAAAAARRRRAAAAAAWWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Not surprising about the music, it's hard enough to deal with that schitt in Cali (I'm looking at YOU San Jose!) but it's even bigger in Latin America. They will jam out to the whole record, not just the club hit. My younger sister has been playing that Sean Kingston track all week and it's torture (though not quite as bad as my 51 year-old mom blasting Timbaland's last album on the car ride today).

holler at cracking a coconut and sitting in a hamock cause thats me right now.

it??s 87 degrees right now

This is what's up though, cause it is fuh-reez-ing here right now (yes east coast I know I have nothing to complain about). Enjoy yourself and holler at me when you get back.

• ps- I found out that Easter is a girl. You might be coming home to a litter of hairy man-parrots. AAAAAARRRRAAAAAAWWWWKKKKKKKKK!!!

that??s been a mystery to us for at least like 20 plus years. i don??t wanna know how you found that out

EASTER BIRD, POINT TO US ON THE DOLL WHERE GEOFF TOUCHED YOU!

• Dude, there??s got to be at least one stash of records in san salvador. look for a casa de empe??o, libreria, or a flea market, your bound to find records at least at one of these spots. i??m sure there??s a stash of cumbia records waitin to be found some where in san salvador.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    made squel in joy

• Dude, there??s got to be at least one stash of records in san salvador. look for a casa de empe??o, libreria, or a flea market, your bound to find records at least at one of these spots. i??m sure there??s a stash of cumbia records waitin to be found some where in san salvador.

you would think right___!! naw man, with a 10 year civil and a economy in the gutter I think everyone just didn??t buy music or if you COULD afford music it was wack american pop. I still have a week here so hopefully something will happen. Plus a lot of the spots that MIGHT have records are hella far or are gully, but who knows for sure.

• and i don??t have a whip.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Im loving my REAL vactaion right now in El Salvador. I??ve done nothing but sleep, go out, eat, eat, sleep, go out, talk trash to my cousins, and eat.
    How much did your trip cost you? I have been thinking for awhile now to visit my mother land. When it comes to digging my family tells me that the city of La Uni??n has a lot of records. Supposably thats were the most wealthy people live in El Salvador.

• Im loving my REAL vactaion right now in El Salvador. I??ve done nothing but sleep, go out, eat, eat, sleep, go out, talk trash to my cousins, and eat.
    How much did your trip cost you? I have been thinking for awhile now to visit my mother land. When it comes to digging my family tells me that the city of La Uni??n has a lot of records. Supposably thats were the most wealthy people live in El Salvador.

Honestly, La Union, Libertad and the other new WEALTHY emerging areas would be the last place check for records, sine all of it brand new homes and shopping malls filled with Wendy??s, Pollo Campero, and TGI Fridays. So i??m guessing it??s people that grew up post vinyl or old money who bought music before the eras im looking searching for.