Constant Deviants - Competition Catch Speed Knots

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Is it ??I want it.

Comments

• not raer...at least it not used to be. shouldnt be more than $20-$30 anywhere (except ebay madness)
    i got up in it from a mix delay did a while back. got my first copy from him too.

absolutely ridiculous record. that bass line sounds like they got a godzilla playing a 5 story upright!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Sandbox Classic.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Is it ??

I want it.

Hey Bapt,

Looking at your avatar, a good location would be:

"I know things, I'm smart!!!"

I can't help but think of dude as Fredo Corleone.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

absolutely ridiculous record

Is it in the movie?
    It's been a while since I last watched this movie.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

absolutely ridiculous record

Is it in the movie?
    It's been a while since I last watched this movie.

Hey Bapt,

That line is from "Godfather II" when Fredo is explaining to Michael (Corleone) why he double-crossed the family. Basically, he felt belittled because his little brother (Michael) was the don of the family instead of him. Plus, because Fredo was not too swift, they gave him menial tasks to do.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Mr Kakalak, you know who that dude is?

Sal, Bapt.

Mr Kakalak, you know who that dude is?

Sal, Bapt.

Hey Bapt,

I know, "Dog Day Afternoon" is one of my all-time favorite movies. The guy pictured (John Cazale) also played Fredo Corleone in the "Godfather" I & II.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cazale was Meryl Streep's boyfriend back in the day - I think they met on the set of "The Deer Hunter" and he was Streep's "one big love" before tragically dying from cancer in the early '80s.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Hey Bapt,

I know, "Dog Day Afternoon" is one of my all-time favorite movies. The guy pictured (John Cazale) also played Fredo Corleone in the "Godfather" I & II.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oops. Now that you say it...

I'm a

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Spanky Illson, you did not get my PM?

• Sandbox Classic.

Indeed. I think I first heard it mentioned in your Sandbox review.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Sandbox Classic.

Where? Give me a link please.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Cazale was Meryl Streep's boyfriend back in the day - I think they met on the set of "The Deer Hunter" and he was Streep's "one big love" before tragically dying from cancer in the early '80s.
    He died in 1978 after Deer Hunter was complete.

• Sandbox Classic.

Where? Give me a link please.

On the Sandbox site, back when it was released. Or maybe it was O's own site.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    they had another joint...one that sampled this heavy piano jazz shit that was sooooo dope.....I got it somewhere......hook was the "can't stop won't rockin to the rhythm cuz we...." but that's all I can remember. Was recently thinking about it because I heard some hipster kids sample it for some electronicish shit...

Didn't see your PM until now.

The 12" is way out of stock. You need to look on eBay.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    ok

• can anyone post the other 12"

the other 12" they did was on Budz Entertainment....right? same label that Chris Lowe was on? Anyway it sampled the same joint that's sampled here.....

Anyone know what that original is???

• the other 12" they did was on Budz Entertainment....right? same label that Chris Lowe was on? Anyway it sampled the same joint that's sampled here.....

Anyone know what that original is???

no but i know this is that dope ass free the robots jam. i always drop this

• If anyone's got one for trade or sale...

I've had this on a tape from the wake up show for around 10 years and I've never come across a copy/remembered to look for it.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Controler,

I want it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    that free the robots jam is very far removed from the "electronic hipster shit" that you speak of. Great song...

I have the 2nd Constant Deviants 12", quite good.

that free the robots jam is very far removed from the "electronic hipster shit" that you speak of. Great song...

I have the 2nd Constant Deviants 12", quite good.

yes'r - that's the one. I just lumped that Free The Robots jam in as electronic hipster shit because of who it was given to me by and, well, because I'm an angry ass old man. But yea - that's the Constant Deviants track. Post audio?!?!???!?!?! Sample info anyone?!?!?!?!?