Forgotten Realms Mix (U-Tern/Backpack related)...

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Free Image HostingBasically, I went through my old recordings/samples (from the hip-hop days) and mixed a bunch of them together in a mega-mix style. It???s all over the map: soul, disco, psych, prog-rock, funk, latin, library, french, lounge, mostly foreign music, and lots of weirdness!Merry Christmas SS fam!Streaming...http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/one-day-laterPodcast...(right click the "Play Now" button and select "Save Target As" to save the mp3 to your desktop)http://feeds.feedburner.com/one-day-later

Comments

• downloading now. That cover is pretty cool. If there are D+D references (audio) thrown in you will get extra points.

• only a few minutes in so far and it sounds good. you've got the megamix style down. Your edits and transitions are really clean. I loved the Body Work mix and this is sounding good too.

• post x-mas bump.

This is a good mix.

• Dope Chit!!
    Great ear for sample selection.
    Kudos U-Tern

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Woah - what is the Brazilian joint from about ~21 mins in to ~22 mins...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Pony,

Where can I get that Greg Wilson remix of DIY Disco MP3 on the White Rabbit mix? No site seems to sell it.

• Don't want to sound like a sycophant, but I really dig everything you do. By all justice there are big things ahead in your future.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Free Image Hosting

Basically, I went through my old recordings/samples (from the hip-hop days) and mixed a bunch of them together in a mega-mix style. It???s all over the map: soul, disco, psych, prog-rock, funk, latin, library, french, lounge, mostly foreign music, and lots of weirdness!

Merry Christmas SS fam!

Streaming...
    http://www.brooklynradio.net/shows/one-day-later

Podcast...(right click the "Play Now" button and select "Save Target As" to save the mp3 to your desktop)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/one-day-later

Hey Pony,

Your mix was very enjoyable. Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• getting me through my work day, can't wait to listen to this a lil louder.

thanks man

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Interesting mix Pony. You got a great ear.

What's the track 26 minutes 23 seconds in?

I heard it before once on Dublab, and I remember trying to learn it. I dig it, I don't remember the drums being underneath it, but it sounds pretty nice.

- spidey

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Pony,

Where can I get that Greg Wilson remix of DIY Disco MP3 on the White Rabbit mix? No site seems to sell it.

Vinyl only release from what he told me. Great EP though, well worth picking up.

Damn, can't edit my first post. Here's the image...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    So... is this all stuff that has been sampled or just very-sampleable tunes? I feel very by this mix, as I am not hearing many hip hoppy tracks that I know of that would have used these joints. I used to listen to a lot of rap, so maybe these are for more contemporary joints? I can't imagine anyone diggin' this tough though.

The mix is very well-done, by the way. That comes as no surprise though. I bookmarked your Brooklyn Radio page a while back. Keep it up, sir.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Is that a Richard Corben image?

"Den"-related?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So... is this all stuff that has been sampled or just very-sampleable tunes? I feel very by this mix, as I am not hearing many hip hoppy tracks that I know of that would have used these joints. I used to listen to a lot of rap, so maybe these are for more contemporary joints? I can't imagine anyone diggin' this tough though.

The mix is very well-done, by the way. That comes as no surprise though. I bookmarked your Brooklyn Radio page a while back. Keep it up, sir.

Yeah it's just small clips from various records, that at one time I probably would have sampled (and still might), I'm sure a few of these have been used before but I wasn't trying to make a "as sampled by" type mix, just music I've collected over the years that I found to be interesting and funky.

(post holiday bump)

• Thank's!

I just downloaded it,and skimmed through it..Sounds dope

I'll listen to it all the way through saturday