Anyone Watch Juno?

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
With teen pregnancy all the rage these days...I had to check it out. It was better than I thought it would be, and so far Michael Cera can do no wrong. He is that perfect not-too-geeky/gangly/awkward dude, and overall I thought the cast was pretty good. When the chemistry teacher walked into the classroom, I thought, "Hey! That looks like Cut Chemist in a sweater vest!" And then I realized, it IS Cut Chemist in a sweater vest! Excellent!

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

It was better than I thought it would be

All of the elements for a very bad movie were there, but the actors pulled it off really well. There was some smart dialogue, yet at the old age of 29, I thought there was an awful lot of cursing for a PG-13 movie...Then again, I am the same person who was horrified to be sitting next to a 5 and 6 year-old at 300.

And it never occurred to me before, but like many teen heartthrobs of the '80s, Jason Bateman is gay, right (it doesn't matter if he's married)?

• Nah Jason Bateman was the shit in arrested development... Him and George micheal ripped it!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    good movie. the Minnesota references were pretty clever.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I enjoyed it, the only detractor is the just too smart dialogue. No 16 yr old kid can be that witty.

Otherwise there are a few very touching moments in there.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Nah Jason Bateman was the shit in arrested development... Him and George micheal ripped it!

I'm watching Dodgeball right now and, in a moment of synchronicity, I beg to differ!

P.S. I also like to think that when I was a sixteen-year-old girl, I was *that* witty, minus the cool parents.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    With teen pregnancy all the rage these days...I had to check it out.

It was better than I thought it would be, and so far Michael Cera can do no wrong. He is that perfect not-too-geeky/gangly/awkward dude, and overall I thought the cast was pretty good.

When the chemistry teacher walked into the classroom, I thought, "Hey! That looks like Cut Chemist in a sweater vest!" And then I realized, it IS Cut Chemist in a sweater vest! Excellent!

i was also quite surprised to see cut chemist...teaching chemistry. hahaha.

i thought the movie was great. im a fan of both michael cera and jason bateman since seeing them first in arrested development. i wish they had a couple of scenes together.

the flick was also cast VERY well. the dialogue was a little too smartass for a 16 year old, but eh. enjoyable nonetheless.