JAY Z AND MARVIN GAYE

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Yeah I know there will be a million remixes from "American Gangster".This here is a projekt floating around right now.I havent heard it yet, but I thought you guys could be curious.Check:http://jayandmarvin.com/Its Marvin Gaye samples flipped into Jay Z beats.PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• I don't like that kind of concept at all. Why only Marvin samples? For fun? This is some anti music bullshit. And, yeah, I hated the Grey Album.

• there is also a led zepplin version too by some dude I never heard of in maryland. I think he is a mixshow dj locally but its pretty wack.

• This is the second Marvin/Jay-Z mixtape like this i've seen recently.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    American Gangster residual effects........

laziness

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Jay + Marvin
    Jay + Zep
    Jay + Godfather movie samples
    Jay + Stevie Wonder

you get the idea

• Jay + Marvin
    Jay + Zep
    Jay + Godfather movie samples
    Jay + Stevie Wonder

you get the idea
    Seriously, enough with the fuckin' gimmicks...

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Gay-Z

• "What's Going On, American Gangster?"

Are they serious? That's the title of this "project"? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. These guys must not be from here and not realize how lame that sounds in English.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Bad Concept + Horrid Execution = J??y-Z Remix Album

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    no kidding. Its really out of hand this time.

really though its not much stupider than the grey album, so you cant knock fools for trying.

• Funny thing is..another forum I look at sometimes(with a lot of dumbass mixtape djs) think these "mash up" mixtapes are genius. You wouldnt believe the praises these unoriginal uncreative mixtapes get. It's sad.

• For whatever it's worth, I have several copies of the acapellas on vinyl. NY/mail order headz, get at me.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Concept albums are the only way for djs to get noticed these days (or by dating nicole richie?)

So i understand the mentality behind the dj, but the listeners? how white can they can make hip hop? yo mang, i normally listen to badly drawn boy and dave matthews, but i am really feeling this new cat stevens feat 36 mafia. whack.

• "Bu bu bu but wait it gets worse!" ?? Onyx

JAY Z vs ELVIS

• "Bu bu bu but wait it gets worse!" ?? Onyx

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    "What's Going On, American Gangster?"

Are they serious? That's the title of this "project"? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. These guys must not be from here and not realize how lame that sounds in English.

Shit sounds like a Borat quote...

• "What's Going On, American Gangster?"

exactly. it's like some shit Borat would go up and say to a Black dude on the street.

"What's Going On, American Gangster?"

exactly. it's like some shit Borat would go up and say to a Black dude on the street.

i know, couldnt they have called it marvin gangster? Or american marvin?

how about "whats going gangster, american? "

or "americans going gangster on marvin"

ok ill stop.

"americans going gangster on marvin"

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I found one that got them all beat:

"using nothing but samples from the movie Chicago.."