BEST NON-RAP ALBUMS OF THE YEAR

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ive been catching up with alot of stuff recently now that rap music is all but dead.[/b] Its been fun.

No.

Sorry, Bassie???you and I are often on the same page, but it's pretty obvious that rap is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rap" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components.

Paradigm.

Well, i was just kidding. kind of.... I make rap music, its always gonna be my favorite.

But its kind of in a creative funk right now for sure. Its good to hear some people still into it though, it seems like more and more people tend to grow out of it.

• Cosign with a lot of Lp's mention already. I think Marco would agree here:

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Ive been catching up with alot of stuff recently now that rap music is all but dead.[/b] Its been fun.

No.

Sorry, Bassie???you and I are often on the same page, but it's pretty obvious that rap is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rap" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components.

Paradigm.

Haha!

Yeah, I've got some homework to do though. For me the best album was Person Pitch. But I've only heard about 10% of these.

Which one is the black album cover with the cross? I've seen that around and vaguely remember hearing good things about it. Is it metal?

nah, its house. Its that group justice. Its a pretty cool record.

justice. people hail them as the next daft punk. i went to one of their shows (two dudes djing) and watched a large theater of people go nuts when a simple bass line or synth came in the mix or if a light was flashed on them. in my opinion, it was bad modern rave music. the show was boring and revealed to me how a lot of their fans are more interested in wearing cool clothes and bouncing up and down than the music. i was talking with some record exec guy who was claiming this was THE record of the year, but when it came down to it, he couldn't name a song on the album (no, not even 'dance'). that song and never be alone are pretty good though.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

No.

Paradigm.

Haha!

Yeah, I've got some homework to do though. For me the best album was Person Pitch. But I've only heard about 10% of these.

Which one is the black album cover with the cross? I've seen that around and vaguely remember hearing good things about it. Is it metal?

justice. people hail them as the next daft punk. i went to one of their shows (two dudes djing) and watched a large theater of people go nuts when a simple bass line or synth came in the mix or if a light was flashed on them. in my opinion, it was bad modern rave music. the show was boring and revealed to me how a lot of their fans are more interested in wearing cool clothes and bouncing up and down than the music. i was talking with some record exec guy who was claiming this was THE record of the year, but when it came down to it, he couldn't name a song on the album (no, not even 'dance'). that song and never be alone are pretty good though.

i like that song genesis. what have you got against cool clothes and bouncing?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

No.

Paradigm.

Haha!

i like that song genesis. what have you got against cool clothes and bouncing?

with all the ray-gun lazer sounds? pew pew!
    i'll admit that i'm in the minority when it comes to an opinion about justice - they're a phenomenon.
    but be honest, you really think you would last through standing in the middle of the floor during one of their shows without getting annoyed?
    if you want good new dance/electro check out professor murder, dan deacon, or

or better yet, just put on an old elo record

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

No.

Paradigm.

Haha!

Thanks, I've got to give it a listen. I've been getting more into electronic dance music recently after ignoring most of it for a long time.