:
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I've never been able to get into Shellac. To me it sounds like the indie rocker's cock rock.

• Super - Cosine

Also

Tons of good music in this thread.

Talented Tenth, have you heard the Boys Noize remix of "My Moon My Man?"

- J

• Oh, and

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I've never been able to get into Shellac. To me it sounds like the indie rocker's cock rock.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Talented Tenth, have you heard the Boys Noize remix of "My Moon My Man?"

No but I have the Arabesque remix of it. I cool but I the Van She Technologic remix to "1234" much better. Shit is definitely hitting.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    this dropped at the very end of 2006, so it didn't show on any lists then. I didn't pick it up until maybe Feb. of this year, so it's 2007 to me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ^^^

i kinda thought this was a pretty weak Trail of Dudes....album compared to most of their catalog.

But since you brought up albums that dropped in '06, but you didn't catch till '07, then my nomination is

the whitest boy alive (haha..sounds like dudes should post on SS)

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    weak? really? i think and you will know us by our extremely long name has been progressively altering their sound quite a bit with the last few albums. it's not so much the "turn it up to 11 and scream a lot" stuff anymore. i listen to that last album a lot, it's got some really anthemic sounding stuff on there.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ^^^

i kinda thought this was a pretty weak Trail of Dudes....album compared to most of their catalog.

But since you brought up albums that dropped in '06, but you didn't catch till '07, then my nomination is

the whitest boy alive (haha..sounds like dudes should post on SS)

co-sine

same with feist. of course.
    don't know if i mentioned it here but i saw her sign my friend's booby after her show at the gibson a couple months ago. and she remained classy and lovely the entire time.

a lot of the music from the grizzly bear, panda bear, animal collective, akron/family i find pleasant and at times challenging, but i'm very surprised that their albums are making a lot best of the year lists

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Alot of the albums in this thread had pretty album covers, but I still have no idea who the artist was. These are ones I liked that didn't get mentioned. (I've posted these before.)

1. Ibrahim Ferrer - Mi Sueño
    2. Quantic Soul Orchestra - Tropidelico
    3. Arthur Verocai - Encore
    4. Ticklah - Ticklah vs. Axelrod
    5. Marc Ribot - Asmodeus: The Book of Angels, Vol. 7

- spidey

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Battles - Mirrored

Soil & Pimp Sessions - Pimpoint

Three Inches Of Blood - Fire Up The Blades

Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators - Keep Reachin Up

and also:

MIA - Kala
    LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
    Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
    Sharon Jones - 100 Days, 100 Nights

• awallawall 673 Posts

• and some other things:

• AND I ALMOST FORGOT!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this thread makes me feel very from the non-rap scene. who the fuck are all these groups?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    this thread makes me feel very from the non-rap scene. who the fuck are all these groups?

Right? I've heard about 5 of these albums. And I really like rock music.

• honorable mention:

SHIIITTT! How could I forget? Maybe I subconciously just figured it was obvious! After all the times I've danced to this... I almost feel bad.

• awallawall 673 Posts

surprisingly enough, music is often divided into categories beyond either ROCK or RAP

on a related note, rock and roll is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rock" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components

• Nicole Willis & The Soul Investigators - Keep Reachin Up

Didn't this come out in 2005?

Damn this thread is going to give me alot of stuff to check for at the ol college radio station. The only one I can think to add is:

hah! I was thinking the same thing, I've heard about only five of these bands.

surprisingly enough, music is often divided into categories beyond either ROCK or RAP

on a related note, rock and roll is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rock" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components

I don't understand. Please to elaborate in a more condescending and pedantic tone.

Come on, dude. Don't leave me hanging. I'm leaving work soon and really want to know the true about the non-ROCK and -RAP musics.

I mean, I'm all about breaking the paradigm of heteronormativaliciousness that I must have inadvertently ascribed to. Let's do this thing.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Ive been catching up with alot of stuff recently now that rap music is all but dead. Its been fun.

Ive been catching up with alot of stuff recently now that rap music is all but dead.[/b] Its been fun.

No.

Ive been catching up with alot of stuff recently now that rap music is all but dead.[/b] Its been fun.

No.

Sorry, Bassie???you and I are often on the same page, but it's pretty obvious that rap is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rap" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components.

Paradigm.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

No.

Sorry, Bassie???you and I are often on the same page, but it's pretty obvious that rap is a long dead artform and the only worthwhile "rap" records to me nowadays are almost complete deconstructions of the genre's components.

Paradigm.

Haha!

Yeah, I've got some homework to do though. For me the best album was Person Pitch. But I've only heard about 10% of these.

Which one is the black album cover with the cross? I've seen that around and vaguely remember hearing good things about it. Is it metal?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

No.

Paradigm.

Haha!

Yeah, I've got some homework to do though. For me the best album was Person Pitch. But I've only heard about 10% of these.

Which one is the black album cover with the cross? I've seen that around and vaguely remember hearing good things about it. Is it metal?

nah, its house. Its that group justice. Its a pretty cool record.