DAVID BANNER TO PLAY BIZ MARKIE

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
With roles in 'Black Snake Moan' and 'This Christmas', rapper-actor David Banner is starting to do a lot more acting, but he still hasn't forgot the talent that led to acting, which was rapping, and now he has a chance to do both on the big screen. Blackfilm.com is reporting that Banner will play the part of Biz Markie in the upcoming film about 1980s era rappers, the Juice Crew, called The Vapors.Not only that but the following actors have been cast in various roles. Cuba Gooding Jr. will be playing Marley Marl, Evan Ross will play MC Shan, Jackie Long as Big Daddy Kane, and Idris Elba as Tyrone Williams aka Fly Ty. The Juice Crew, founded by Mr. Magic's on-air assistant, DJ and Marley Marl, was named after one of Magic's aliases, "Sir Juice. Crew members included Marley Marl, Mr. Magic, MC Shan, Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Craig G, Tragedy Khadafi, Kool G Rap & DJ Polo, Masta Ace, Roxanne Shant??, TJ Swan, and Cool V.Their signature record, "The Symphony," helped spawn solo careers for each member. A fourteen year old Roxanne Shante rose to prominence when she and Marley made "Roxanne's Revenge" in response to U.T.F.O.'s song "Roxanne, Roxanne." Her record spawned a slew of "Roxanne" related diss songs in the eighties. MC Shan, known best for "The Bridge" and a subsequent war of words with Bronx based Boogie Down productions' front man KRS-One, released three solo albums and featured on "Da Bridge 2001" for Nas' QB's Finest compilation."The Vapors" will begin filming in January 2008. Furqaan Clover (Queen of Media: The Wendy Williams Story) is set to direct. Questionmark Entertainment along with Marley Marl, Roxanne Shante and Big Daddy Kane are executive producers on the film while Indiefilmx.com will produce the film.http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2007/12...ilm-the-vapors/

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    but who will be playing the part of mardi gras with no bells?

• but who will be playing the part of mardi gras with no bells?

forrest whitaker

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    and i'm not hating...it's just that Banner have nothing in common ith Biz, not even a physical ressemblance. A good casting director would "at least" try to get Keenan or something...lol.

• Options
    Shouldn't Biz play Biz? I'm sure they can make him look younger.

• i really should start checking these threads more regularly. on second thought, no i shouldn't

• Shouldn't Biz play Biz? I'm sure they can make him look younger.

NO ONE can play Biz but Biz. It's not possible to pull off any other way

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Tracy Morgan as The Biz

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Tracy Morgan as The Biz

yes yes yes

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Tracy Morgan as The Biz

word... get on the phone to the casting crew.... thats gold!

Who's gonna play KRS1? they got to have the JC vs BDP beef in the movie somehwere....

• Tracy Morgan as The Biz

far too short and scrawny. maybe if he went back to his Hustleman girth... but even still i don't see it

• ahhhhh, that's better.

• now photoshop some chicken mcnuggets and grease all over the cross fader and you're in business.

• now photoshop some chicken mcnuggets and grease all over the cross fader and you're in business.

hahaha no my friend it's just one of the amazing -- BUT TRUE! -- Biz stories....

• laurence fishburne as craig g
    forest whitaker as tragedy

Cuba can endorse KRS's role...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Whoever they get to play the Biz...they should get Masta Ace to do the voice.....

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Cuba can endorse KRS's role...

Ryan Howard might be a better fit...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Tracy Morgan as The Biz

far too short and scrawny. maybe if he went back to his Hustleman girth... but even still i don't see it

Biz wasn't that big in his earlier days......and if they want Tracy to play "fat then a muthafucka Biz" then all they have to do is throw him in one of those Prof Clump fat suits....with the roles/ skits that Tracy has played in he could perfectly channel all that is "Diabolical".

• my question is: who are they expecting would watch this movie (besides us of course)? can you imagine a movie topic more disconnected from today's youth? on the other hand it would make a great straight-to-VH1 biopic like the Jacksons one.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    my question is: who are they expecting would watch this movie (besides us of course)? can you imagine a movie topic more disconnected from today's youth? on the other hand it would make a great straight-to-VH1 biopic like the Jacksons one.

It will probably be marketed as a period film vs. a biopic.

U know how muthas go ga-ga over 1987 jewelry and cars and shit.

All types of incongruent fashions repped.

• my question is: who are they expecting would watch this movie (besides us of course)? can you imagine a movie topic more disconnected from today's youth?

stay up on your fashion/fetishes