favourite sideman on Rhodes ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Whose style you like more ?-Hal Galper -Larry Willis-Don Grusin-Mike Longoand on which album ? ....discuss....( just trying the new forum )

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Larry Willis on a New Kind of Soul

• hal galper on "wild bird". herbie, keith, chick, and many other dope rhodes players dont get a vote? i vote for them all!

• it's because they're so much less popular....

you have plenty of records to hear herbie playing in the 70's

maybe it's not the same for L.Willis and co.

Actually I'd like people come out with new names.... players that have been overlooked or recorded few times....

another one is Kenneth Moss , who played in friday night funk for saturday night brothers and recorded few other times

• hal galper on "wild bird". herbie, keith, chick, and many other dope rhodes players dont get a vote? i vote for them all!

Galper made some dope records for Mainstream. I'm a big fan of The Guerilla Band myself. The way he applies effects and stuff on his Rhodes is great. Also his short tenure with the Adderleys is noteworthy.

but then..on one of Galper's records on Inner City..he became an electric piano hatter. On the back of the liner notes it says he dumped his Rhodes in the Hudson River!!!!!!!!!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

..on one of Galper's records on Inner City..he became an electric piano hatter. On the back of the liner notes it says he dumped his Rhodes in the Hudson River!!!!!!!!!

**Checking scuba gear prices on ebay and putting add in craigslist for needing scuba lessons**

• ..on one of Galper's records on Inner City..he became an electric piano hatter. On the back of the liner notes it says he dumped his Rhodes in the Hudson River!!!!!!!!!

**Checking scuba gear prices on ebay and putting add in craigslist for needing scuba lessons**

: please: a graemlin "Halper dump the rhodes" here is needed....

• Joe Zawinul

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Joe Zawinul