voted the worlds ugliest dog 3 years in a row

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Faux rilly doe, I hope you were kidding

No. Not even a little.

otherwise that shows you care more about an animal's feelings than a person's

Hardly. You've seen a lot of other guys on here making gratuitous fun of physically deformed people, but never me.

What?!?! D*niel actually has feelings?

I think soulstrut has officially jumped the shark

I think he's just pissed that dog stole his crown 3 years ago....

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    What the???? How is that dog even alive?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

No. Not even a little.

Hardly. You've seen a lot of other guys on here making gratuitous fun of physically deformed people, but never me.

Well that would be beyond bad taste. However, I think he's more referring to your general lack of concern of the impact of your comments on people's feelings. Being that this is one of the few times you've actually defended somebody - something - lends to the idea that you're more concerned with animals than humans.

I'm not sure why though, I'm sure if that dog could speak English he would talk shit about the pink shirt too.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

No. Not even a little.

What?!?! D*niel actually has feelings?

I think soulstrut has officially jumped the shark

I'm sure if that dog could speak English he would talk shit about the pink shirt too.

For some reason Graffy here has been making me laugh lately....

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts

that's the truest thing posted today.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I'll go tell these gals you found their dog..

• What the???? How is that dog even alive?

It looks a little bit er... "Animatronic" shall we say? I doubt that thing ever lived.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

World's Ugliest Dog
    The Associated Press
    Published: July 1, 2005
    SANTA BARBARA, Calif.???The owners of the other contestants in this year???s World???s Ugliest Dog Contest may have thought their pooches had a chance???until they saw Sam.

The 14-year-old pedigreed Chinese crested recently won the Sonoma-Marin Fair contest for the third consecutive time, and it???s no surprise.

The tiny dog has no hair, if you don???t count the yellowish-white tuft erupting from his head. His wrinkled brown skin is covered with splotches, a line of warts marches down his snout, his blind eyes are an alien, milky white and a fleshy flap of skin hangs from his withered neck. And then there???s the Austin Powers teeth that jut at odd angles from his mouth.

He???s so ugly even the judges recoiled when he was placed on the judging table, said his proud owner, Susie Lockheed, of Santa Barbara.

???People are always horrified when I kiss him. He may turn into a prince yet. He???s definitely a toad,??? she said. ???I always thought he???d be great on greeting cards or on a commercial for Rogaine.???

Sam, who???s pushing 15, has something of a cult following after winning the contest???and fans??? hearts???for three years running. Last year, huge crowds gathered around Sam and Lockheed at a local parade and Lockheed said she received letters and calls about her pup for weeks.

???So many people have told me they???ve got his picture on their refrigerator. He certainly has a little cult following,??? she said. ???I did years of professional musical theater and never achieved the fame Sam has.???

Sam will appear in this weekend???s Fourth of July parade in Santa Barbara, but the recent events may be the cap on a long, ugly career. Lockheed says Sam???s now suffering from congestive heart failure, lung and kidney problems and has definitely slowed down in his twilight years.

Still, he enjoys regular gourmet meals of sirloin steak, cheese balls, roasted chicken and flan (so he???ll swallow his multiple pills). He also passes occasional weekends at the Gaviota ranch of Lockheed???s boyfriend, where the World???s Ugliest Dog rides in the back of an ATV with his few remaining hairs wafting in the wind.

Its good to hear he's treated well...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No. Not even a little.

Well that would be beyond bad taste. However, I think he's more referring to your general lack of concern of the impact of your comments on people's feelings. Being that this is one of the few times you've actually defended somebody - something - lends to the idea that you're more concerned with animals than humans.

This extrapolation is really so bizarre, I'm not sure why I'm even responding to it.

I will point out only that you have yet to see me "defend" anyone or anything in this thread.

I have instead offered an assessment of the character of all of you that think gratuitously posting a picture of a deformed animal is giggle-worthy.

This is exactly the type of post that makes me occasionally embarassed to be a member of this community.

Really, dudes, have a little respect for yourselves.

And if you ever allowed me to hurt your feelings, then I don't know--maybe you're better suited to life inside a bubble where you won't be exposed to people who disagree with you.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This extrapolation is really so bizarre, I'm not sure why I'm even responding to it.

I will point out only that you have yet to see me "defend" anyone or anything in this thread.

I don't think it's bizarre at all. We'll just say you had a "negative reaction."

I have instead offered an assessment of the character of all of you that think gratuitously posting a picture of a deformed animal is giggle-worthy.

I didn't say you were wrong. In fact, I don't really agree with it either. But, given that the definition of what looks "good" and what looks "bad" is so subjective, it doesn't even matter. Why are rabbits loved and snakes hated? It's all species-centric tastes, really.

I personally think A.) poking fun at deformed people is in exceptionally bad taste, and B.) having an ugly dog contest is in poor taste as well, only less so than previous because the dogs don't know what it means.

That said, I still find it amusing that out of all things concerned with someone/thing's feelings, it would come out to be a dog you have a soft spot for. Of course, given your crotchety old man type of personality, I'm not surprised - but it's still amusing.

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts

Why are rabbits loved and snakes hated?

So you are saying that there is no really good reason why, in general, rabbits are loved and snakes are hated? Would actually knowing the answer to your question expose it as a weak example?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

This isn't the most engenius post I've ever read, but it's funny that its because of this that people have decided to start dicussing what's in good taste? I mean, better late than never, but it seems silly...Also, doesn't Guzzo catch heat for policing what's in "good taste"? I seem to remember a thread in which he was lambasted for suggesting that using the word "gay" as an alternative for wack was "not a good look".

h

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hi,

This isn't the most engenius post I've ever read, but it's funny that its because of this that people have decided to start dicussing what's in good taste? I mean, better late than never, but it seems silly...Also, doesn't Guzzo catch heat for policing what's in "good taste"? I seem to remember a thread in which he was lambasted for suggesting that using the word "gay" as an alternative for wack was "not a good look".

h

wow its like your reading my mind. I think its funny that something like calling a physically unattractive dog "ugly" offends peoples sensablities arond here but calling folks duragatory homosexual slurs is considered to be ok.

Sometmes this place just don't make much sense

• Holy shit... just found out that dog is the real deal. Nightmares for dayz (or nightz)...

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Holy shit... just found out that dog is the real deal. Nightmares for dayz (or nightz)...

That dog sucks... for dreams sake and nature's sake.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    damn, that dog is ugly as shit.

but he's got the heart of a lion.

damn, that dog is ugly as shit.

but he's got the heart of a lion.

And the charm of a.... geoduck?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    sorry for bumping this ugly thread but it seems the ugly dog has a ugly website.

http://samugliestdog.com/

there's even an ugly video . Its the one called Hairless Pooch Is Ugliest Dog.