The Music Diva of Your Boyhood Fantasies?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I'm currently listening to "Never Gonna Stop" by Linda Clifford. I just stopped to think, damn I used to love me some Linda Clifford as a young boy. She was soooooo damn fine and could sing her ass off!!! Who was your fantasy music diva babe when you were young? Here's mine: I was also in love with Ms. Chaka Kahn: Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• I worshipped at the church of Janet when I was 9.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

I worshipped at the church of Janet when I was 9.

Also

Oh.. And not really into her music.. But this gurl killed it when I was young. She's still pretty hawt.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    tina turner circa 70
    erykah badu
    nico circa 64
    hope sandoval
    bjork
    gal costa circa 72

good to go

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    tina turner circa 70
    erykah badu
    nico circa 64
    hope sandoval
    bjork
    gal costa circa 72

good to go

how old are you?

• Wendy James, 80's crush...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    tina turner circa 70
    erykah badu
    nico circa 64
    hope sandoval
    bjork
    gal costa circa 72

good to go

how old are you?

this forum is overfilled with qubbling assholes incapacitated and flummoxed by their own perceived rockstar ego/hyped persona[s]

so much in fact that almost any post i scribe in the 07 is met with a pathetic humorless atempt at discourse of the 6th grade variety

here is yet more proof from the champ himself

now sit down little tyke and be quiet son

• erykah badu

nico circa 64

bjork

You've been a boy for 50-60 years? Maybe that explains it...time to grow up peter pan.

bjork, that sounds ethnic.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    wow the rumors are true
    a collective pot of rat soup eating stuck up elitest assholes have taken over the board
    ya'll take the internets a little too seriously
    you just played your s elves
    fuck this and

• Witty way to work "elves" into your post. Sooooo anyway, on topic, mine was

Sheila E., not Paris H.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Madonna. Those early vids were back in the day.

• peace, stein. . .

• Chaka Khan
    The ladies of Chic, particularly this video:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Madonna. Those early vids were back in the day.

Yeah, I gotta admit I was around 12-14 when she was breaking out,
    and those videos had me going ballistic. Her rolling around in the
    street in "Burning Up" was some kind of junior high WAKE UP CALL.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    The Funky Divas.

those videos...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The Funky Divas.

those videos...

Oh yes. I was 15 when "Hold On" came out, and watching this video for the first time was a real jawdropper:

Not only could these girls sing (I loved that acapella intro), they were also fine as hell and looked sophisticated (= divas). Co-sign on Sade too when I was 9-13 years old.

Madonna gets a big thumbs down. Not classy and/or talented enough to be called a diva IMO. Plus she always had those butch workout/fitness arms/legs. No thank you.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

on madonna
    Open your Heart = this thread

this video too is ingrained in my mind, cold hearted snake if I remember right

Paula was IT to me!
    Especially since my area was chock full of fine looking middle eastern ladies.
    She had me all for those arabesque persuasions early on. I negate any images of her crying on my television over the last few years for my pubescent daydreams to live on.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

Madonna gets a big thumbs down. Not classy and/or talented enough to be called a diva IMO.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I didn't want to nominate the apple of my youthful affection in the context of such status, until others more akin to her particular status were mentioned.
    But love is blind so newly discovered lust must be deaf and dumb! And with the motor running, debating the concept of Diva was a little

lol

I think the 80s babies are hard pressed to find themselves a thoroughbred Diva since that big merger between sex and cola.

Madonna gets a big thumbs down. Not classy and/or talented enough to be called a diva IMO. Plus she always had those butch workout/fitness arms/legs. No thank you.

you can debate diva definitions all you want, I thought this thread
    was about who were you yanking it to when you were 13 years old.

And you're wrong, she didn't "always have those butch workout etc etc"

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    you can debate diva definitions all you want, I thought this thread

And you're wrong, she didn't "always have those butch workout etc etc"

Haha, stand up for ya girl, SOI. To be fair, you are right about the arrival of her buff biceps. The first time I really noticed that was in "Who's That Girl", which would be 4 years after her first hits.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

True, she's no Whitney Houston.

qubbling

• you can debate diva definitions all you want, I thought this thread

13 years old? I was thinking younger than that. 13 was a different thing altogether.

It would be more along the lines of Terri Nunn

Claudia Br??cken:

But pre-MTV, definitely Chaka Khan.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

peace, stein. . .

stein, you can still have the grin graemlin in the "post icon" part, then use it as a regular image.

like this:

please go back to being you

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Debbie Harry, the hottest girl in my teen dreams.

Peace

• Don't think she'd exactly qualify as a diva but was my '80's MTV Goddess'...

'Touch Me' was ridiculous viewing for a 5 year old... That part on the swing with the ripped jeans et al was especially

Cosign on Madonna and 'Open Your Heart' though as a close second... was feelin her up until that Blonde Ambition garbage with the Conehead breasts and I Dream of Jeannie hair do...

• peace, stein. . .

stein, you can still have the grin graemlin in the "post icon" part, then use it as a regular image.

like this:

please go back to being you

man. . . . i've tried several different computers and cant find the grin graemlin. am i just missing it? peace, stein . . .