Milton Wright - Friends and Buddies question

bojobojo 3 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I have the og vinyl press of this, but some time ago downloaded a rip (might have been from p-vine disc) and they sound very different, the songs are totally different cuts?!? Whats up with this, are there different versions of this album, which is original? knowledge needed, someone...

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I have the og vinyl press of this, but some time ago downloaded a rip (might have been from p-vine disc) and they sound very different, the songs are totally different cuts?!? Whats up with this, are there different versions of this album, which is original? knowledge needed, someone...
    There is two different versions but I don't know which pressing came first.

• I have the og vinyl press of this, but some time ago downloaded a rip (might have been from p-vine disc) and they sound very different, the songs are totally different cuts?!? Whats up with this, are there different versions of this album, which is original? knowledge needed, someone...

Which one is better?

• Which one is better?

Hard to say, them both are excellent, the vinyl I got (2nd of those pics) is kinda laid back, raw'er, while the rip is tighter and slick and has more of that spacy synth...
    All I know now I gotta have the other one aswell.

• One has "Keep It Up", the other doesn't, easily the best cut on the album so there you have it

• One has "Keep It Up", the other doesn't, easily the best cut on the album so there you have it

Gotta go 'gainst the Goodfather here. Despite it's not including 'Keep It Up' I'm feeling the version w/o the extra synth mucho more better. Pretty tight LP almost all the way thru IMO. Just a guess here - it seems like they tried to 'Keep It Up'-ify the rest of the LP by adding the single & all the new synth arrangements to the stripped down version. If you have the stripped down version plus the 'Keep It Up'' 45 you're good to go.

• No, you're right - I just rate "Keep It Up" above all else.

If you have the stripped down version plus the 'Keep It Up'' 45 you're good to go.

true.

• How about a mp3 upload for the interested parties?? That would be a nice X-Mas treat

• i have the brothers and sisters/ooh ooh i like it and keep it up/the silence that you keep 45s...and i must say that i think THE SILENCE THAT YOU KEEP[/b] is the best song out of them all! sounds like the stevie wonder dope 70s album cut that never was.

• How about a mp3 upload for the interested parties?? That would be a nice X-Mas treat

Here's some sampletracks> http://rapidshare.com/files/77111674/miltonwright.rar.html
    first folder contains my bad quality rips from stripped down vinyl, second folder has same songs(different versions) plus Keep it up, thats missing from other press...
    btw anyone abled to upload Spaced, I know its been done, but I missed it...

edit: forgot to mention, the second,spacier rip was taken from 4brothersbeats-blog, if I remember right..