Shigeru Suzuki

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I just found a cheap cheap copy of the LP Band Wagon.... it is not that bad.....Don Grusin plays on it (1975)but is he the same that played in some soundracks for TOEI movies in the 70s? I would like some

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Yeah I dig Band Wagon too. Some might consider it tacky funk, but I think it's pretty cool.
    OG is on Panam (GW-4011).
    He did a bunch of other solo stuff too, but Band Wagon is the best I think.
    You know he's from Happy End, right?. And then Yellow Magic Orchestra (I guess this album was in between the two).

But as far as answering your actual question?...um, dunno.

• And then Yellow Magic Orchestra
    I think its Caramel Mama, not YMO. Then Caramel mama changed the name to Tin Pan Alley.
    But yes, both Caramel Mama & Tin Pan Alley had Haruomi Hosono as a member of them.

Shigeru Suzuki did play on some OST in the 70s as a member of Tin Pan Alley. But I couldn't find one from Toei films.
    If the player credit on the Toei OST includes Haruomi Hosono with Shigeru Suzuki, that Shigeru Suzuki must be the same person who plays on Band Wagon.

Btw, I like Band Wagon LP, too! Nice album!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    And then Yellow Magic Orchestra
    I think its Caramel Mama, not YMO. Then Caramel mama changed the name to Tin Pan Alley.

But yes, both Caramel Mama & Tin Pan Alley had Haruomi Hosono as a member of them.

ah ok. Actually I originally wrote Tin Pan Alley then edited my post to
    Yellow Magic Orchestra for some reason. Actually, I don't really know their stuff well.
    I love Happy End and I really like some of Haruomi Hosono and Shigeru Suzuki's
    solo stuff, but but Tin Pan Alley and YMO seem a bit too 80's/pop for me.

• And then Yellow Magic Orchestra

Shigeru Suzuki did play on some OST in the 70s as a member of Tin Pan Alley. But I couldn't find one from Toei films.
    If the player credit on the Toei OST includes Haruomi Hosono with Shigeru Suzuki, that Shigeru Suzuki must be the same person who plays on Band Wagon.

Btw, I like Band Wagon LP, too! Nice album!

Thanks both of you for your answers !!!!

Off topic: who's this Masao Yagi credited for the TOEI Sukeban series and the other Female EXploitation of the period ?

(.. a lot of the same distorted guitar solos and slightly incongrous horn charts in most of the scores, so I presume were involved always the same people.....)

also, did they issued any instrumental album beside the theme sung by the female actress ?