Zhane Appreciation?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Bumping this album right now: For this day and age, these girls can Frickin' sing and harmonize (no pitch shifter raer).Haven't really had a need to delve further .. De La cameo and "Request Line" aside.Any body else feeling these ladies?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Bumping this album right now:

For this day and age, these girls can Frickin' sing and harmonize (no pitch shifter raer).

Haven't really had a need to delve further .. De La cameo and "Request Line" aside.

Any body else feeling these ladies?

really nice record, I know this one still gets a lot of love from ladies who were into it when it came out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So awesome. I went to college with them. Awesome ladies / singers.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Even if I wasn't a DJ, "Hey Mr. DJ" would still be my fuckin jam.

Busta's "It's a Party" is a cut too. That's like a Zhane record featuring Busta, instead of the other way around. They own that cut.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I always thought the singles were dope, but I wasn't really checking for the album while it was out, and haven't come across it since.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I always thought the singles were dope, but I wasn't really checking for the album while it was out, and haven't come across it since.

Check the $1 CD bin at any used CD joint, or pawn shops/thrifts in Baltimore /DC....it's out there in vast abundance.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Check "Request Line" and the all-time jawn by them "Sending My Love To You" - so good.

Are we ripe for a Neo-Soul revival?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    the all-time jawn by them "Sending My Love To You"
    YES!

Are we ripe for a Neo-Soul/R&B/HipHop[/b] revival?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Check the $1 CD bin at any used CD joint, or pawn shops/thrifts in Baltimore /DC....it's out there in vast abundance.

It must have come out on vinyl, though, right? I see the 12"s in abundance, but have never come across the album. Very strange.

• It must have come out on vinyl, though, right? I see the 12"s in abundance, but have never come across the album. Very strange.

It did, I just picked it up within the last year or two. Single vinyl though, really quiet.

I actually dig a couple of songs from the second album too.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    YES!

Trust me, dude. Me and my Philly / Brooklyn people are already conspiring.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    YES!

Trust me, dude. Me and my Philly / Brooklyn people are already conspiring.

Did it ever really vanish?

I ride for Zhane's Groove Thang.

Zhane is a testament to Naughty By Nature's Producer.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well they are great vocalists, production aside.

• sharon reid sample rare

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    groove thing is the jammy
    i think they sampled "havent you heard" for that cut. i love playin that out
    that de la cut gets much run as well
    every time i play that at a party, people get a lil more intimate with each other

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I went to college with them.

So did I. Temple U... I never remember seeing one without the other...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Both Zhane albums had a lot of dope joints on them. Kay Gee hooked it up on the production. What ever happened to them after the second album?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Both Zhane albums had a lot of dope joints on them. Kay Gee hooked it up on the production. What ever happened to them after the second album?

I think they had creative differences

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I ride

• Even if I wasn't a DJ, "Hey Mr. DJ" would still be my fuckin jam.

Hahaha this and World Famous Supreme Team are my 2 self indulgent DJ picks, no matter where I am.