state of soulstrut speech 2005

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
dearest strutters,I see a lot o' drama going on and here's what I think/propose:1. Raj owns this website and he is the HNIC, no one argues that. He has veto power on anything and anyone BUT what really makes Soulstrut what it is is its members. People that contribute mixes, reviews, and of course regular posters makes this place what it is. People like FauxRillz, Guzzo, AP, Bambouche, Ms. Damn, EdPowers, Alien Iverson and yes, even Archaic, are the heart of this place. I don't want to see you guys hurt, upset, annoyed or banned. I do what moderating I can and if RAJ needs me to do more I'd be glad to. But I enjoy seeing conversations go where they may and I only step in if naked people are posted or someone says something REALLY fucked up.2. NRR posts also make Soulstrut the lovely and hilarious place is it. Hell, these days, I'm only really checking for these posts, they are often entertaining as hell.3. I think Archaic should be unbanned if he was indeed banned. I think RAJ already admited that he made a bit of a knee-jerk reaction and if it's okay with everyone I think Archaic should come back. And theMack too, if he was banned. I don't know what's going on with RAJ and Mack, but Mack has quite a following here and people are going to miss his teenage perspective on the rap game.4. I don't want any of you fools getting all pissed off and jumping ship. Real headz know the deal and real headz stick together.love,Annaps. sorry if this is late, I tried to post yesterday but my shit was down

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Amen.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Real headz know the deal and real headz stick together.

Well said.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What's so funny 'bout shalom, love, and understanding?

Well put, Anna.

PS Hi.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    but Mack has quite a following here and people are going to miss his teenage perspective on the rap game.

I'm sayin'. And who's Magic Jackson? Looks like another passive-aggresive alias.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Is that D.Belisle in your avatar??

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Who's D.Belisle? I'm scurred to do a google search.

• I dunno Anna, now seems like as good a time as any to jump ship...

this place is like a long slow trainwreck.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I dunno Anna, now seems like as good a time as any to jump ship...

If you have something to say about my mixing, then say that shit to my face.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    I dunno Anna, now seems like as good a time as any to jump ship...

LOL.

Great points Anna.

• I dunno Anna, now seems like as good a time as any to jump ship...

Phrase Haze?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I LOVE ANNA.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Raj owns this website and he is the HNIC,

HCIC

Just to let you know, I'm still amongst the few Black people that are still offended by the N word by ofaes..

sorry, I meant Head Ninja In Charge.

Peaceful Ro, you can't leave, you are the illy ill!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I donn't know why people get so upset. I've gotten grumpy with people and then 2 days later we're agreeing on how great some LP is, or how bad some political shit is.

But I do think that any jumping on/ calling out of Raj is totally not allowed. I don't care if he's having a bad day and tells you your momma's fat (which he wouldn't). 1. Dude just had a baby and it really taxes your sanity. 2 Dude has always spent his own time and money keeping this place going. I think some people may actaully believe he some how makes money off this place and that's sooo untrue.

More than anything....the disconnected internet allows people to go off on others all the time and it's not just at Soulstrut. Hell I've done it in my own place of work to people that are 50 feet away. But the real awnser is self control. So we have to try to rise above. Life sucks, so let's help each other enjoy it as best as possible. And if you just have to get grumpy once and a while, try not to make it personal and get over it within a couple days. Extended beef it so 1995.

I love the NRR threads. It's good for people to talk about other stuff and I really can't talk records all day long.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hey, who wants to see my wiener?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

YOU MAD DOGGIE????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

YOU MAD DOGGIE????

DOUBLE ZING!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    why did y'all have to bring the Kentucky Fried dog into MY thread?

shit is NOT cool!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    the Kentucky Fried dog

That's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bring back Archaic (and the Mack if he was banned too...)

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Agreed.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Unban all.

Unban Hcrink!

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    BAN...

Uhhhh...[/b]

This picture is getting to me. Sorry it just bugs the shit out of me.

• Mel_GibsonMel_Gibson 664 Posts
    I've quite enjoyed the relative peace and quiet lately. Ban some more of these unserious NRR folls.