Sigur Ros 'Agaetis Byrjun' late pass

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
++++ =

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    The record is already fetching $200? WTF/LOL

Are they good live?

• amazing live. seen them a few times. i'd defiantly check untitled ( ) if you haven't.

i was over in sweden at the time when i missed out on seeing them play here :

as you can imagine i was a little annoyed. i saw clips on youtube. the brass section came through on a little boat playing. it looked way too good.

• Saw them in LA with the Album Leaf (yeah, my hipster is showing).

Great show, but can be really sleepy if your not in to them.

I have that record and I think mine is still sealed. $200.00?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

That looks cool.

So does this...

In A Frozen Sea follows Sigur Ros through their native Iceland, during the Takk world tour. Encased in a hard cover album, this deluxe version contains a re-pressing of three classic Sigur Ros LPs: Agaetis Byrjun, ( ) and Takk. As a special bonus, Smaskifa, which has never before been released in a 12" format, is included in the set (seven total pieces of vinyl). These LPs slip into seven individually customized vinyl sleeves which are designed with original photography from the 2006 Takk tour. A classic 32-page publication of never-before-seen photographs, observations and quotes is included in this package and slips into a customized jacket inside the back cover.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The record is already fetching $200? WTF/LOL

Are they good live?

Dayum!

I didn't think they were very good live. I saw them for a couple songs at coachella and the crowd was really into it. They sounded really good with a string section and everything. But then I was them a year later in LA and no string section, pretty bland and snoozy IMO. No one in the band said anything the entire time, not even "hello" or "thank you". At the end they just got up and left. Everyone just kind of looked around and went "I guess they're done."