TORONTO PEOPLES! MINGERING MIKE AND FOOD?

2»

Comments

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    for $1, im reaching wrongbar like whoa.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    what's wrongbar about on new years?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Nav told me but I completely forget. I think it might be just him djing. I actually really don't remember at all... Beaver is free before 12 too.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    nah, its all good knowing about these things, when you can be slayed by a $50 new year's price tag.

what's the setup of wrongbar? we want to be in the background, and then hit the dancefloor when we heae "...party like its 1999.."

something im curious about the Beaver is one day my friend was supposed to meet me at the Union(not to shabby of a place) right beside gladstone but he couldnt find it and later he went to Beaver where the door girl told him he'd "most likely not have a good time here" and pardon my ignorance, i think by his words that was her subtle way of saying its a lesbian bar? don't have any problem with that whatsoever (unless they don't have fire exits...bad simpsons joke) but i mean do they only want a "certain" type of crowd in there or is it dependant on the night or what?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    yeah for whatever reason a lot of people think Beaver is a gay bar. I don't know where that comes from... It plays host to a lot of different types of nights.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    yeah for whatever reason a lot of people think Beaver is a gay bar. I don't know where that comes from... It plays host to a lot of different types of nights.

perhaps because beaver is crude slang for

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

My guess is because the owners are gay as are most, if not all, the staff and most of the clientele. It does have different nights, but is most known for being queer-friendly which for a lot of folks is the equivalent of being a gay bar.

According to listings,Nav is playing the Social on NYE - who's playing at WrongBar?
    I work that night, too, but not close enough to drop into the $1 party - lol.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    So, we are on for Friday right???

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Hey - Not sure how much folks will be around here over the next week - let's make the plan for Fri Dec 28 now, yea?

5.30 at the gallery - address in first post Mingering Mike link

around 7 at Xam Yu - 339 Spadina, at Baldwin

?

I'm in!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    My pal Brian Swear Words is playing Wrong. Nav is just opening for Flosstradamus Im sure he will be over at Wrongbar for most of the night.

Re: Queer-friendly Beaver... I go there pretty often and I guess I never really noticed.

• So, we are on for Friday right???

sorry folks, but i have to bail on this...
    still got a few hobligations...
    would love to link for food on the next go round...
    dig to try a new place...
    holler anytime...

bumped into chris harper last night...
    said he had a blast at his wrongbar b-day bash. sound was pumping...
    def support it... nice to see new venues popping up...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Yes I will be there today as well!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    page me danno

pasue!