TORONTO PEOPLES! MINGERING MIKE AND FOOD?

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Dear All - Maybe we can have a field trip to see the Mingering Mike show and then eat something delicious?They are closed from the 23rd to the 26th - so Sat Dec 22 or Thur Dec 27 or Fri Dec 28? I work on the 27th and 28th, but only til 4 or so.Yes? No?

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Post christmas would be better, I'm sure everybody will be swamped on the last weekend before Christmas. I should be good for either the 27th or 28th.

good idea btw.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Oh yea, Christmas!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'll be in Toronto then and happy to join you. Christmas is a non issue for me.

A - where's a good place to go around there?
    Not sure if I'm the only person who doesn't eat meat/fowl, but I'm good with any place that has fish/seafood. And good hot sauce.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    if we get a decent group going, we can go for seafood at Xam Yu in Chinatown. Sharing is caring...

http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2005-02-03/goods_foodfeature2.php

I will try, but I can't promise I will share "jumbo broiled oysters with gingery scallions".

• -

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Post christmas would be better, I'm sure everybody will be swamped on the last weekend before Christmas. I should be good for either the 27th or 28th.

good idea btw.

Yea i will come too, if it is the 27th or 28th

"jumbo broiled oysters with gingery scallions"

good idea btw.

Yea i will come too, if it is the 27th or 28th

Sweet! It'd be great to hang out again.

Alright - then is Thursday or Friday better for people?

I would prefer Friday so I don't have to think about getting to bed early for work the next day.

• can i join the party???
    friday would prolly work better for me...

From where I'm sitting now, Friday's fine for me.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Have you asked Superposter to tag along?

There are no special invitations going out.

can i join the party???
    friday would prolly work better for me...

Please join the party!

Friday is ideal for me as well.

Great! So why don't we say Friday - meet at 5 or 5.30? The gallery closes at 7, but I don't think it will take too too long to see everything.

If that's too early for some, let's decide where we're eating and we can all meet there?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    So I've been told I'm going to this...

Are we talking about Fri Dec 28? I should be good.

One thing tho.

Aser must bake Christmas cookies for everyone in attendance!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Please to take pics of this event:

Hey - Not sure how much folks will be around here over the next week - let's make the plan for Fri Dec 28 now, yea?

5.30 at the gallery - address in first post Mingering Mike link

around 7 at Xam Yu - 339 Spadina, at Baldwin

?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ai captain, I shall be reporting to the gallery.

ai captain, I shall be reporting to the gallery.

( i felt like using one of these graemlins totally out of context and without any reasoning )

no actually I will add this:

• Right on, glad you guys are gonna make it over there.

PLEASE take pictures!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Bassie, i think you're a parkdaler, any word on what that bar/club is like called "Wrong turn" or something like that,opening up over there and DJ Nav is one of the dudes there? the concept of it sounded interesting (i read about it in last weeks Now magazine...cover article) and i just remember a quote from one of the co-owners saying that he was gonna do something like put $300 ska records in the jukebox or something. has this place opened yet? sounds very promising!

Bassie, i think you're a parkdaler, any word on what that bar/club is like called "Wrong turn" or something like that,opening up over there and DJ Nav is one of the dudes there? the concept of it sounded interesting (i read about it in last weeks Now magazine...cover article) and i just remember a quote from one of the co-owners saying that he was gonna do something like put $300 ska records in the jukebox or something. has this place opened yet? sounds very promising!

As far as I know, WrongBar has been open only one night. They don't seem to have a proper bar license yet and there's a poster for a new year's party for another venue in the window - lol. It's a very big space, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I've been in the neighbourhood for 6 years and that space eats bars and restaurants for breakfast. I agree, the concept is a good one. The $300 45 in a jukebox quote was goofy imo.
    I think The Rub will be doing a monthly there?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Where is Mingering Mike's work being shown in toronto? So not in the loop on that one. Would love to check it out.

Wrongbar was open Thursday and Saturday 2 weeks past. I was there on Thursday... great place. Nav really did it right. Funktion One sound system has the biggest most futuristic bins I've ever seen! Really looking forward to playing there. 3 of the JBL supporting mids were missing but it still sounded good. I wish I had been there for Hercules and Love Affair, their new one on DFA is great.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    duh there is a link.

duhhhhhhhhhhhh

• slushslush 691 Posts
    also the wrongbar party on new years is a whole $1

1 dollars!

I gotta dj somewhere else though. grrrr.

also the wrongbar party on new years is a whole $1

1 dollars!

I gotta dj somewhere else though. grrrr.

damn a dollar is a DEAL

I do too.. where are you spinning @?

i'll be at supermarket

• slushslush 691 Posts
    I'm at the Beaver. Hopefully gonna swing by wrongbar after since I'm in the vicinity.