ya ever ignore ebay questions?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I know everybody gets the potential bidder with a bazillion questions...along the lines of "are there any pops or clicks", please document all marks on vinyl and jacket, yada yada yada" isnt that what the grade is for? Do thes epeople not understand that if you have around 50 to 100 LPs up for auction EVERY week, there is a good chance you didnt listen to EVERY LP ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND DOCUMENT EVERY CLICK AND POP...so how in the hell are you supposed to answer these questions to these dipshits with an answer that will satisfy them...I just ignore them now, I dont even respond to them anymore...they kinda piss me off...dont these jackasses read your feedback and see the feedbacks that read "Record better than described!" etc?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One time a guy asked so many anal questions right after
    we listed an LP that I just went ahead and blocked him
    from bidding on the item. I just knew he would never be
    satisfied, and didn't want to deal with his BS down the line.

He had talked himself right out of a chance at the record.

• I get people making offers all day. I usually ignore them or if I'm feeling like it I'll send them a note saying, "Did you see a best offer button?"

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    seems like the dudes who ask the most obtuse questions never win the auction
    pita

• I once stupidly put up around 40 Beatles records at once...made some good loot, but that many beatles records at once equals a shit ton of dumb ass questions/messages...I was getting around 30 to 40 a day...will always spread the beatles out over a month or two from now on...I cant handle dozens of questions I could give a shit about.."what is the number at the 4 oclock position on the label?" etc....yada yada yada

• does putting any notes in the description help? Like 'visually graded only' or some such?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm the potential but unlikely bidder, that asks "is this an original pressing?".

• does putting any notes in the description help? Like 'visually graded only' or some such?

oh hell no..I have that in there, but it doesnt matter...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    One time a guy asked so many anal questions right after
    we listed an LP that I just went ahead and blocked him
    from bidding on the item. I just knew he would never be
    satisfied, and didn't want to deal with his BS down the line.

He had talked himself right out of a chance at the record.

Haha! I've done this.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I do this alot. Mostly to little dudes who I KNOW ain't gonna win the auction.

Their questions usually are along the lines of "This record is at $5.95 and I will be out of town when the auctions end... anyway I can pay you in a month?"

oh hell no..I have that in there, but it doesnt matter...

yeah, I've had that with shipping questions. Usually from non-english speaking countries.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    seems like the dudes who ask the most obtuse questions never win the auction

I'll ignore questions like "Do you offer Media Mail" on an item that's already over $100.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Yes.

Specifically ones that ask for:

"A better Price on Shipping and or Records"

or

"I'm not going to buy this but will you burn it to a CD for me"