Microwave 7" Control Vinyl

mrdeemrdee 29 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
me and a mate were bored last nightso................................. ta daaaaaa

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    RAER

• I have actually seen 7" control vinyl for Microwave... i am not sure if it is commercially available, but they made a run of them...

• mrdeemrdee 29 Posts
    a few were available as freebies at various music shows
    but not commercially available
    shit works perfectly on the handytrax

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Mark the "45" King sent me a pair and I use them however, one is slightly warped. So it bugs me! The other one is perfect.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Couldn't you just mark the 7" start point with a marker on the 12" control vinyl? I would think you would want to retain the extra surface area of the 12" for easier cutting and scratching.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Mark the "45" King sent me a pair and I use them however, one is slightly warped. So it bugs me! The other one is perfect.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Couldn't you just mark the 7" start point with a marker on the 12" control vinyl? I would think you would want to retain the extra surface area of the 12" for easier cutting and scratching.

I think this is more of a novelty item.

• If I remember correctly, he hates when people call him "Mark the 45 King", it's either Mark 45 KING or just 45 KING. Maybe that's why he sent you one warped control vinyl

Then again he didn't send me anything so...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    If I remember correctly, he hates when people call him "Mark the 45 King", it's either Mark 45 KING or just 45 KING. Maybe that's why he sent you one warped control vinyl

Then again he didn't send me anything so...

Yeah I know they were real limited. I just said his name because he is the one that made them. And where I got em from!

• Forgive my ignorance (I don't own Microwave) ... but do those actually work? I thought the records were encoded with time codes where each space is one minute into whatever track you're playing. Wouldn't that try to cue up a song 10 minutes in? Or can the codes be re-calibrated or whatever?

Just curious how this damned doohicky works.

• Forgive my ignorance (I don't own Microwave) ... but do those actually work? I thought the records were encoded with time codes where each space is one minute into whatever track you're playing. Wouldn't that try to cue up a song 10 minutes in? Or can the codes be re-calibrated or whatever?

Just curious how this damned doohicky works.

In relative mode, you can drop the needle anywhere and it will start from the beginning of the song (if you trigger the song from the beginning on your computer). You don't even have to lift the needle when you load another track.

• mrdeemrdee 29 Posts
    they are for using on a pair of handytrax
    so a 12" for scratching is a no no
    as mentioned relative mode uses wherever
    you needle drop as the start point

first test of the "prototype"
    (which looked a bit like a circular saw blade)

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/freshas/?action=view&current=MOV00394.flv