Savannah GA what's hood

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'll be in town for several hours; I need a good place to drink and a good place to eat pancakes?? Holler

Comments

• yo broccoli

you GOT to walk around that town and check out all those ill squares
    amazing amazing amazing beautiful

the sand gnats will gnaw you to the bone (but its prolly not the season)
    theres a little consignment shop (cha cha chiffon i bleieve) with some wax too

• Yo tony! thanks for the info. I won't have time for any records but I want a good meal.

• I won't have time for any records

i dont remember much about good meals when i was there

• amazing amazing amazing beautiful

Too far back for me to remember specific spots to eat/drink/whatnot, but that place is sure nuff a feast for the eyes. Take lotsa flix.

• Yeah Savannah is dope(although Charleston, SC is better..imo, that is)..but both cities are similar). There will be plenty of dope down south cuisine spots to chow down on. Its a very pretty town, but next time..make sure you head down to Charleston for the dope old school architecture(buildings,houses,etc..) and the South Carolina low country grub. MMMMM! Shrimp and grits. I can taste it now. Fuck, I need that in my life SOO bad at this moment.

Have fun in Savannah, though. Too bad it isnt St Pattys day festival(not sure if they tamed it down in the past several years). but that shit was buck wild..Mardi Gras style shit. Titties everywhere, drunk fights,green beer flowing in the river ,etc. Come to think of it, the only time I have been to Savannah was for this festival, so that could have shaped my outlook on the town. Either way, its still beautiful(just not as much as Charleston!)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    My brother used to go to school at SCAD there and finding a decent meal was the hardest part about living there. From what I've heard the food just straight blows. Granted, I've never been, and he's not one to adventure into the world of some authentic Southern cookin', but my understanding is that there's a pretty severe lack of fresh produce in the area.

Odd place to be. Collection viewing related?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    The old southern lady from Food Network (Paula Dean? Deene? Deen?) has a restaurant down there that is supposed to be real schitt.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    amazing amazing amazing beautiful

I triple that emotion. We were there during and after a rainstorm and it was still one of the highlights of the trip.

• Clary's for pankakes: Abercorn & Jones

drinks: Moon River on East Bay or just walk around a lot ... folks like to drink

LUnch at Miss Wilkes' Boarding House: 107 West Jones St. only open from 11-2 ... for real.

Hood: walk 'rount.

not your typical American city with a designated restaurant district ... they all up in the neighborhoods underneath the trees ... check it out. 80 degrees for the rest of the week, but will be cold this weekend: 60's.

$700 James Brown rekkids at "Vintage Vinyl"

-doodoo

• There used to be a shop called (I think) Record Graveyard - like the store in Detroit.