Help - Buying LP Mailers in Toronto or Canada

MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm not a record dealer, I'm just trying to get rid of lp's I don't need to own. I tried MMC but they said the smallest # they'd sell is 750 @ 80 cents a pop. I have no need for 750 mailers. Any idea?

Comments

• How many you need...

Head

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm not a record dealer, I'm just trying to get rid of lp's I don't need to own. I tried MMC but they said the smallest # they'd sell is 750 @ 80 cents a pop. I have no need for 750 mailers. Any idea?

MMC doesn't sell in packages of 50 anymore? They were my source in Montreal and Toronto. Maybe you should try calling them again, but this time speak to a different person.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I spoke to MMS Direct three times and they are not doing them anymore - mainly because they are shutting down their vinyl press. It is not worth their time/resources etc. to sell record mailers unless they are in a large quantity and at a insane price.

• moss, hit me up i may be able to help you with that

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I spoke to MMS Direct three times and they are not doing them anymore - mainly because they are shutting down their vinyl press. It is not worth their time/resources etc. to sell record mailers unless they are in a large quantity and at a insane price.

That's good to know! I was going to leave all my mailers in NB, but now I'll bring them with me to Toronto.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Interesting... I bought a package of 50 at the end of October, this must be a very recent development. I have been buying from them for a little while now , but it shouldn't matter who it is buying the mailers .

• I spoke to MMS Direct three times and they are not doing them anymore - mainly because they are shutting down their vinyl press. It is not worth their time/resources etc. to sell record mailers unless they are in a large quantity and at a insane price.

Interesting... I bought a package of 50 at the end of October, this must be a very recent development. I have been buying from them for a little while now , but it shouldn't matter who it is buying the mailers .

if so, this blows... if anyone comes up w/ or has an alternative, please let me know on the PM or up in here... will be needing some in early 2008...

the vinyl press is closing at the end of the year and they stopped with the mailers in mid-November. A - you were lucky to get one of the last batches!

• Not the cheapest but been buying from here for some time now... http://www.4bubble.com

Delivered right to your doorstep... if buying 50 mailers it will cost you about $1 ea... Opt for 100 and it's about $0.80... great quality mailers to boot!

• good tips folks...

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    thought i'd resurrect this thread...
    anybody have any local luck???
    just talking w/ moss and it seems hard to believe there's no source in town...

if you're both looking for mailers you should see if you can talk MMS into lowering the price and then splitting the 1000 that is their minimum order now. maybe even split the amount with a third person if 500 is still too much.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I decided to resurrect this thread to see if anyone in Toronto figured out a good (ie: cost effective) solution to get mailers??

MMS still has the 1000 minimum order and that is not an option for me.

• I ended up doing an order with Indyboxes in the US. Split it with a friend to save on shipping. Ended up being around 70 cents a mailer, which is the best I could find.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I have some right now.
    I can sell them for $1.25 each, with a minimum order of 75
    They are good quality and the ones I use myself.
    If anyone is interested feel free to send a PM

Cheers......