LPs you keep just because of one track

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Beach Boys "Holland" I really dig "Steamboat" but the rest is ho hum....I guess "Funky Pretty" could be a cool ELO song...

Comments

• yo hook.
    definitely too many to count

others for one track and one fine ass cover

• others for one track and one fine ass cover

• WBBH one horn driven funk instrumental track out of the Bay Area!

• I like the title track a lot, but the rest is just boring

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• - Lenny Williams' Spark Of Love ("'Cause I Love You")
    - Sharon Ridley's Stay A While With Me (title track)
    - Shirley Scott's Everybody Loves A Lover ("Shirley")

• yo hook.

I actually was pulling stuff to put on ebay this week and this one is ALWAYS on the fence, but it went back in the crate...good tune and a damn fine cover. I feel a little bad draggin Ms. Christopher to the ebay stack every few months, but somehow those eyes say "no, please, no", and I cant do it....

• yo hook.

cosing like a mf. this brasilian woman is sooooo hot.

she does have one beautiful samba tune as well. not sure how many more dope tunes she sang on.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Man, I have sooooooo mnay records that i only keep for one track. Most of the ones mentioned already fall into that category, but I don't see the problem with that. If a peice of music just compells you, it's incideantal as to whether or not the recording also contains additonal compositions that you enjoy moderately or equally.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    - Lenny Williams' Spark Of Love ("'Cause I Love You")

Dude... "You Got Me Runnin" is such a classic.... on that same album.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Man, I have sooooooo mnay records that i only keep for one track. Most of the ones mentioned already fall into that category, but I don't see the problem with that. If a peice of music just compells you, it's incideantal as to whether or not the recording also contains additonal compositions that you enjoy moderately or equally.

diggro vs collectro?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

diggro vs collectro?

That one needs to go straight in the classic pile for use on the top of the page!

• - Lenny Williams' Spark Of Love ("'Cause I Love You")

Dude... "You Got Me Runnin" is such a classic.... on that same album.

I dunno, the rest of that LP is probably good for what it is, but "modern soul" really ain't my shot, you know? It's all about "'Cause I Love You" and his rap at the end. James Carr, O.V. Wright and Otis Redding would have been proud.

• yo hook.

cosing like a mf. this brasilian woman is sooooo hot.

she does have one beautiful samba tune as well. not sure how many more dope tunes she sang on.

There's a lot of good Eliana Pittman records. Her stepfather Booker Pittman was an American jazz saxaphonist who moved to Brazil in the '30s, and was a strong influence on a lot of Brazilian musicians. Tim Maia has his 'Tributo a Booker Pittmann' on his first album. Check out her 1972 LP.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• This thread ain't never gonna get off the ground if Eliana Pittman and Lyn Christopher are all we gonna talk about.

I ain't crackin', I'm just fackin'!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Beach Boys "Holland" I really dig "Steamboat" but the rest is ho hum....I guess "Funky Pretty" could be a cool ELO song...

No love for "Sail On Sailor"?

Incidentally, anyone know what's up with the Ray Charles version of that song? Worth tracking down?