6 dollas well spent:

David Bowie- Aladdin Sane
    The Impressions- We're a Winner

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Such an amazing album vocally.

Enjoy!

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts

stuff from today and friday (just a few highlights, more pix soon...finally finally copped that USA for cheep) Glenn Jones - I am Somebody and Peech Boys 12" for sale.

....and then there was this (in a different stash from the USA believe it or not):
    still in shrink, not a reissue

copy #12?

"One of the rarest albums in the world (under a dozen have ever been found) this is a fine late sixties US West Coast effort, with male and female vocals and some excellent sunshine psych material swathed in mellotron and Jefferson Airplane like arrangements."

i swear on all my records i had that damn record. i didnt check it in the thrift but got home and it had a miles davis album inside instead of the real deal. then a few weeks ago i tossed the sleeve. i wonder how much the sleeve could go for
    did i find number 13.5 ??? the world may never know

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Such an amazing album vocally.

Enjoy!

I just listened to it once through. word, it's lovely.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i didn't do much hunting this weekend but i did have an amazing web find on saturday. Stefano torossi's feelings on orig italian carosello - must be less than 4 known copies of this masterpiece - 11 euro with postage - its in the post.

the one with the girl in the fern forest?? wow. sick record

people are coming up on some ridiculous shit!!! jbs latin and akiwawa? lightmen? i dont even know what the fuck that birmingham head record is! gotttamn

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

people are coming up on some ridiculous shit!!! jbs latin and akiwawa? lightmen? i dont even know what the fuck that birmingham head record is! gotttamn

saying, that Birmingham LP got me shook
    I saw it in the Pakora book and am still pinching myself

saying

• This looks really fuckin' familiar to me. Was this one of those stock photo covers? You know, like them ghey ass sunset Christian and high school LP's?

Herm

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

This looks really fuckin' familiar to me. Was this one of those stock photo covers? You know, like them ghey ass sunset Christian and high school LP's?

Herm

I think you're right. See the first post in Breakself's recent thread:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=450519&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, common stock photo. I've got a couple private things with that cover.