Please be untrue: Pimp C reported dead?

13»

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The TX peanut gallery is really starting to buzz with a lot of homicide talk. Hopefully, the "official statement" due this afternoon doesn't leave us guessing...

"Homicide"? I thought he passed in his sleep. In any event, this is truly unfortunate - RIP dude.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    The TX peanut gallery is really starting to buzz with a lot of homicide talk. Hopefully, the "official statement" due this afternoon doesn't leave us guessing...

Oh dear....I hope this is not the case.

• Damn.

homicide?

This and Spice 1? A truly sad day.

EDIT: Just read Big Chan's post-- but still...

• posted up by the Seawall.
    that's some true trill shit right there.

Port Arthur is always a grim place,
    but it's Frickin' unbelievable right now.
    Fools have gone from sad to pissed off.
    I'm not leaving the house tonight for sure...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Sad news. RIP Pimp C.

• RIP

i feel bad for his family.

• When I saw the title of the subject in the email I received earlier, I KNEW I must have read it wrong. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Damn, damn, damn.
    RIP

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    good picture.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Unbelievable

Rest in peace

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn! My wife just came in telling me she heard this on NPR on the way home from work.

RIP

• Wow. I came to the UGK game fairly late, but grew to love this shit in a hurry.
    RIP to a legend.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    RIP

thats sad. ive been really following his music lately. I heard "Country Cousins" off Talibs Eardrum record a month ago and i have been digging up all the old UGK cds i had and wearing em out. I was looking forward to hearing his new joint. Sad shit man.

Noz is posting up some old interview's which give more insight into dude. Check it out
    http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=739

• Damn.

homicide?

This and Spice 1? A truly sad day.

EDIT: Just read Big Chan's post-- but still...

Hmm... Somebody needs to fire their editor. The body of that article says the death is being investigated as a "homocide". Even simple spell check would catch that error. Oh, how journalism has slipped.

Regardless, it sucks to hear this is being investigated as a homicide, just what the rap community needs. It really sucks that UGK were just starting to get their groove on again. What I heard of their latest album sounded really good so it sucks to hear that Pimp C's gone.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Old geeky UK record geeks should shut the fuck up about shit they don't understand.

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?p=202314

Oh, but if James Last died, they would all be jerking each other off in pain....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I am truly gutted by this news. Been away from a computer all week, and this is the first thing I saw this morning. A crying shame. RIP.

• don't be too disheartened by ignorance...to be honest, i've never heard of Pimp C neither...doesnt mean i'll take the piss, but i've never heard his music, tho i likely will now with attention brought to this man.
    it makes me feel good this guy was doing so well out of a prison stint, but i am not god...we go when we go, and despite 33 being in our human opinions Too Young, it is what's up...a man died. i have a two year old son, and i have flashes everyday of either him being hurt or killed or something of the sort happening to me...if god asked me, i'd have to say i wish no one passed on! but we do...
    i will think of Mr. C's family and loved ones...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Old geeky UK record geeks should shut the fuck up about shit they don't understand.

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?p=202314

Oh, but if James Last died, they would all be jerking each other off in pain....

Why do you always reference that site? If you don't like it you prolly shouldn't post there.

RIP Pimp C.

• Dag, I just found out this AM from a co-worker. R.I.P Pimp C.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The conversation seems to have shifted to how bad Pimp's health has been since he got out of prison...which is apparently the reason why we've seen so little of him in the wake of having the #1 album on Billboard.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    that makes sense and as soon as natural causes came up it's what I instantly thought of. The man had a rapid gain of weight, 6 months out it looked like he gained 75-100 lbs. That much weight in so little time can't be good for your body.

• that makes sense and as soon as natural causes came up it's what I instantly thought of. The man had a rapid gain of weight, 6 months out it looked like he gained 75-100 lbs. That much weight in so little time can't be good for your body.

In his Rolling Stone interview from a year or two ago, Bun B talked about gaining 40 pounds damn near overnight, a fact he attributed entirely to sippin' syrup. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, upon release from prison, Chad was partying harder than usual and overindulging in that and "free world food."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    that makes sense and as soon as natural causes came up it's what I instantly thought of. The man had a rapid gain of weight, 6 months out it looked like he gained 75-100 lbs. That much weight in so little time can't be good for your body.

In his Rolling Stone interview from a year or two ago, Bun B talked about gaining 40 pounds damn near overnight, a fact he attributed entirely to sippin' syrup. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, upon release from prison, Chad was partying harder than usual and overindulging in that and "free world food."

Plaese to slow your roll, Ross.

I would imagine and actually know that Pimp had to visit his p.o. on the regular for drug tests...and according to people close to him since he's been out, he wasn't really that much of an indulger to begin with.

And it seems the issue might more rightly be how his body was poisoned while he was in prison, rather than how he poisoned himself after leaving prison.

• that makes sense and as soon as natural causes came up it's what I instantly thought of. The man had a rapid gain of weight, 6 months out it looked like he gained 75-100 lbs. That much weight in so little time can't be good for your body.

Plaese to slow your roll, Ross.

I would imagine and actually know that Pimp had to visit his p.o. on the regular for drug tests...and according to people close to him since he's been out, he wasn't really that much of an indulger to begin with.

And it seems the issue might more rightly be how his body was poisoned while he was in prison, rather than how he poisoned himself after leaving prison.

Slowed. I jumped from A to B, but I see your points.